Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

RIP Greybeard

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by cootmeurer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

sad news , very sad news,,,,Dan was one of the good guys for sure,,,, he sent me a drawing of the "Bath Illinois Bride"...big woman,cross eyed, one tooth smilin, walking down a dock dragging a stringer of carp and bullheads in a wedding gown tucked in and around hip boots which are falling down,,:l:l,,, he nailed it,,,,when the Illinois Diver Ducks Don;t Dally Club (IDDDDC)came about, i had to counter with the Majestic Mallard Maulers Mafia Club (MMMMC), cause the good time needleing was fish eaters against good tasting puddle ducks,,,fish eatin gutter duck killers against purist duck hunters,:dv,, a line had been drawn in the mud:l:l,,,,, i asked Dan to draw up a duck or cormorant looking creature with goggles, air tanks, flippers, fish spear,, etc , just make it look smelly like all those IDDDDC dorks that look and smell like, and make a Majestic Mallard with flowing robe, a crown, nice ceptor, just a fine looking regal duck,,,, to be lasered on calls i would make,,,, he laughed his azzzzz off and couldn't agree fast enough to getr done,,, and when he sent me the pics, i knew it was solid gold,,,,Dan hit the nail on the head ,,,, from his spot on drawings captureing life threw his imagination, to talks of green fog from old farts-farts sitting in taverns and falling off their stools and not spilling a drop nor loosing their smoke, to telling me about the dead horse and possum he was always wanting me to go see with him. Wheres the possum? hit the dead horses belly and out merges said possum from dead horses rear end, he painted an all to real to life picture at times, but the dude was funny and had some serious talent drawing,,,,,, I spect ol Danl is giving God a lesson which are good ducks and which are not so good ducks,,, I'll leave it to your imagination what Dan's telling him:yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gods Speed Dan

Fowler267, Jon C, riverrat47 and 3 others like this.
  2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

This is from his son.
    ---------------------------
    Hey friends,
    Dan Earleywine’s(Dad, Pops,Buck,Buckwheat, Grey Beard, Mr. E’s)celebration of life will be Saturday, Aug. 18, at 1:00 until whenever.
    It is at the Brookhills Golf Club located at 5350 old Jacksonville Road Springfield, Il.
    Hope to see lot’s of people there. Dad had a few friends !!!!!

3. pentail

pentail Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

Sad news indeed. RIP sir, it was a joy to know you.

4. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Sad for us all to lose him.
    RIP sir.

Jerry likes this.
  5. Mallard Krazy

Mallard Krazy Senior Refuge Member

Sad to hear the news......RIP sir

6. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

7. keith_scumline

keith_scumline Elite Refuge Member

8. Jerry

Jerry Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to hear. He was a great guy. Honored to have met him and followed so many years here.

9. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

The world has lost a true gentleman... Sad day

10. Spanky63

Spanky63 Senior Refuge Member

The first time I really met him, other than at an annual IL Forum get-together we had going at one time, a buddy of his got drawn for the 4 blinds they had at Sangchris ( I think theyve been deleted now ?)
    Dan, not knowing me from Adam, invited me up as one of the four hunters allowed per blind.
    We walked for what seemed like miles after beaching the boat to hunt what was considered the worst of the four blinds, only getting one bluewinged teal between the four of us.....but it was still a great time.

I think this was from your trip to Sangchris. RIP Dan.

sangchris45vr.jpg

Il. MudDuk likes this.