Rnt MVP or Echo Boss

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by jbrown, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jbrown

jbrown Elite Refuge Member

How many of y'all hunt with a MVP or a Boss?? How are these calls on the bottom end? How ducky are they in the field

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

If you read much of this forum, you probably know the MVP has my long time favorite hunting call. "Ducky" is a subjective thing, but I don't think of it as particularly "ducky," just a call that's shown more general leverage on birds than any other I've tried to date. And how much of that might be attributed to the confidence I've developed in it may be a factor in that.

(Haven't run a Boss in years and then only briefly. Never hunted with one.)

3. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

I hunt an MVP. It runs like an Original, but it is a little more forgiving than an Original. I find the MVP easier to run than the Boss. YMMV.

4. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

Love the MVP on stage (although I haven't contest called in years), but I personally wouldn't want to use it for hunting. Plenty of calls that can get as loud, maybe not necessarily ring, but get as loud on a regular hen, that are way duckier.

5. stephen brown

stephen brown Senior Refuge Member

Can a contest call sound ducky and call ducks?? I hope so.

The loudest call I've used is an Echo single reed polycarbonate extra loud open water. It's been effective hunter big water, but I switch to something a bit less when hunter small waters.

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Echo open water in acrylic,is a great loud ducky hunting call.You can call Echo and they will help you.

7. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

mvp. alot of people use it for hunting. you want loud go with a deceiver.

8. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Refuge Member

I have posted on here before .... If I could only have one call the rest of my life RNT MVP!

Not a RNT Homer...run several brands of calls in field ... RNT MVP never leaves the lanyard.

Mr. Chokesonducks likes this.
  9. speckinator

speckinator Refuge Member

Gotta agree with the above. The MVP is the call I go to when nothing else works. Super loud and aggressive but can still get quiet up close.

10. jjseman

jjseman Senior Refuge Member

I hunt an mvp as well, it's been on my rope for years, and I love it. A lot of ducks are in that call. My only complaint is a sticking issue. I usually have a Duck Lander Call beside it. Those absolutely never stick.