Minnesota Flyway Forum Sponsors

Rochester Hunt - 2008

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by goose_caller, Sep 11, 2008.

1. goose_caller

goose_caller Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys, talked to Dean today and we figured out a date for this year. The date we picked was Sunday December 14th in the North Field again, unless you guys want to move to a new field as he has a couple other options. Voice your opinions if you want to move and we will vote as a group on this. I am 80% sure I will be in Minnesota this year so I will be back in the mix.

We could also move it to the weekend of 20th/21st if you guys like, let me know.

As usual last years guys get first crack again, I am moving up the decision date this year since after 7 years of juggling last minute changes I just want to get this done and out of my hair by Nov 1st this year, I am going to be VERY busy with school in November and want to remove any hassle for me.

Here is the plan, please let me know if this is a problem for any of you asking for payment early this year and we can work on it case by case. I would like returning guys to mail me a check by October 15th, as usual please put your screen name in the memo line....yes I know you all, but it just makes my life easier. This allows me to fill any empty spots by November 1st so I can get it off my plate.

My addy is:
    PO BOX 62092
    St. Louis Park, MN 55426

If you did not go last year and want to be put on the wait list which we always seem to pull a few names off please email me at:
    barry@midwestwaterfowloutfitters.com
    Pleaes put REFUGE ROCHESTER HUNT in the memo line and include in the body of the email your real name and screen name and phone number.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Please don't make this a sticky....there is to much crap up there and no one will see it....TY

2. wooduck26

wooduck26 Elite Refuge Member

JMO, I vote for keeping it the 14th, less potential interference with Xmas get-togethers...

Still $50?

3. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

I didn't hunt last year but if you need another guy let me know. :tu

4. goose_caller

Yes, unless you guys want to do it during the regular season and we can probably get it down a little.

5. Quikshot

Quikshot Elite Refuge Member

That's a idea. I wouldn't mind that.

6. goose_caller

I understand that most guys want to do it after most opportunities expire in their area......the bad part about doing it late is the hunting is hit and miss, the best hunting in my opinion in Roch is from Nov 20th - December 5th give or take......I am open to whatever you guys want.

7. CrahNX

CrahNX Elite Refuge Member

I will definitely be there again talking smart and attempting to convince other 'Fugers to "stay out late" (this is my year, I can feel it!)...wouldnt miss it actually! As far as dates, Id personally prefer to do it after the rest of the seasons have essentially wrapped up, meaning the 14th would be perfect. Pretty flexible on the date though, so whatever works for everyone else.

8. Perch_44

Perch_44 Elite Refuge Member

whats the matter, aquarius with me and woods wasn't enough fun? :l i don't even remember going back to the hotel that night...

9. CrahNX

CrahNX Elite Refuge Member

You would be the "other 'Fugers" I was referring to...might as well make it two years in a row...minus 85% of the alcohol consumption.:l

10. goose_caller

You don't know alcohol consumption until you go drink for drink with me and captain drunk azz(hot carl).......that one year I must of had 20-25 captain cokes in 3 hours.....pretty sure I did not sober up till 2-3 pm the next day in the field(i did not have a gun).