Rule interpretation at The Lodge.?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by SutterduckHunter, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

11C202D7-3C49-4909-A6F5-ADDD7C92C0C8.jpeg I don’t comprehend what I read very well. However, I would think that two adult hunters could bring two junior hunters each in this description; for a total of six.

What do you guys think?
    A call was made to The Lodge and they said that it is a max 4 people per ressie.

2. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

What I read is you could have 2 adults and 4 juniors on one card. But I don't think they should let you do that. That sounds like a mess for sure.

3. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

Looks like it’s the same number as The Grizz!

Have fun on your hunt.

4. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

I agree Juvie for the most part. My jr’s are 16 and 14. They know the routine.

JuvieCoot likes this.
  5. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I would get a hold of Glen or head quarters first and get a second opinion And get documentation

Good luck with the crew !!

SutterduckHunter likes this.
  6. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Elite Refuge Member

That was the wording used for Mendota as well...probably still is. It meant exactly what is says ...total of 6. With that said, I sure as heck wouldn’t show up on opener without having gotten at least a verbal confirmation and a name from staff.

7. DERODOM

DERODOM Elite Refuge Member

I have always been told it's 2 juniors and 2 adults for a total of 4.

8. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

I read that to mean EACH ADULT can bring up to 2 juniors or 2 non-shooters or 1 of each for a total of 4 juniors or 4 non-shooters or any combination of both which equates to a total party side of 6!!
    If Refuge staff told you otherwise, they need to read their written Refuge rules.

fishdog, Powder and SutterduckHunter like this.
  9. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

No more than a total of 6:

Can be 2 juniors for each licensed adult
    or it
    Can be 2 Non shooters for each licensed adult
    or it
    Can be a combination of 1 non shooter and 1 junior for each licensed adult

So whatever combination it is each adult can't have more than 2. So a single adult couldn't take 2 juniors and a non shooter.

Pretty clear to me.......

Kevin

SutterduckHunter likes this.
  10. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

I agree that it is pretty clear, but this:
    Needs to be clarified. I don't know if the OP let whomever he spoke with know that the regulations say otherwise (and have for several years) or if he spoke to someone new or what, but he should definitely make sure that whoever he spoke with knows what is correct.

I don't know why they even have Gray Lodge listed in the "Additional Waterfowl Reservation Regulations" section when it appears to be exactly the same as the generic "except as otherwise provided" reservation regulation with regards to both number of individuals and when the reservation expires.

Except as provided in subsection 550.5(a)(1)(F) or subsection 551(x) of these regulations, a reservation shall be valid for entry for up to six visitors who must hunt as a party. No more than two visitors in a hunting party may be adult hunters (18 years of age or older as of July 1 of the licensing year). Each adult may be accompanied by up to two hunters holding junior hunting licenses or two non-shooters irrespective of age, or one of each.

Unless otherwise provided, the reservation will expire one and one-half hours before shoot time for the date stated on the reservation.

Having it listed in the section that is reserved for areas that have rules which vary from the above (when it does not vary from the above) does nothing but cause confusion.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018