School children shot in Northern California elementary school.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Praying for the victims.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-norcal-elementary-school-shooting-20171114-story.html

At least five people are dead following a shooting at an elementary school in Northern California on Tuesday morning, according to authorities.

Among the dead are the gunman, who was killed by police, authorities said.

“We have about 100 law enforcement personnel in Rancho Tehama right now with multiple, multiple scenes,” Johnston said.

“I know that we have [airlifted] a number of students,” he told reporters. “I know that we have children that were attending school in a safe location at this time.”

Officials said the Rancho Tehama area remains on lockdown.

“We have had an active shooter incident at Rancho Tehama Elementary this morning,” read a statement from the Corning Union Elementary School District website. “There are confirmed injuries. We are cooperating with law enforcement during this investigation but do not have specific details at this time.”

Residents and business owners said they heard at least 100 gunshots.

“I thought this only happens to places like L.A. or New York,” said Jose Garcia, owner of La Fortune Convenience.

Coy Ferreira, a parent at the school, told KRCR-TV that he heard a series of gunshots through a classroom window and saw one young boy shot in the foot and chest and second student shot in the arm. Both were alert and conscious, he said.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Update:

http://abc7.com/2647030/

According to police, it appears that the shooter was randomly picking targets.

Police said they were aware of a "domestic violence incident" that had taken place at some point involving the alleged shooter.

The gunman was killed after two officers engaged him, law enforcement officials said. The gunman had a semi-automatic rifle and two handguns.

At least 10 people were hospitalized after the shooting spree.

3. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Any word yet on the demographic of the shooter?

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Probably a pecan but could have been a walnut.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Yes eel, it's a white guy....should be a good start of the day for ya....

6. eel river

Not much to be happy about. You've got innocent people murdered. You've got families destroyed. You've got a crazy person acting out, again. And you've got a ridiculous, continued demographic issue that people refuse to acknowledge as a serious problem. Oh sure, there are other demographics that have issues as well, but hey, this demographic surely isn't a "real" problem. :doh

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  7. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  8. takemrarely

Ok...white guys shoot people too..... acknowledged!

What's next?

And by the way...nice how first post is quick to point the finger, while second post expresses the gravity of the situation and THEN points the finger

9. eel river

Really. Please show where my first post pointed a finger. What a crock. Every shooting, every situation as such is terrible, regardless of demographic. You just appear to be upset that it's a white guy. How many times have various folks on here jumped to "rumors" directed at religion affiliation. Your comment is funny, sadly.

What's next? There needs to be further analysis of the issues and characteristics that drive these situations AND policy that addresses them. Domestic abuse seems to be a fairly common link, but certainly not always. It appears the neighbors had reached out to police before. Maybe there needs to be more actions police can take.

10. takemrarely

Why would I be upset? I have no ties to some white guy club....I don't know this dirt ball or any of the others that did these acts.

You seemed to want someone to admit that white guys shoot people to, and I did.

Given some of your previous posts, asking about demographics was an obvious attempt to "prove your point."

Again...yes....white male shooter.

TDIT.