SD. GF&P Notice

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by BirdJ, Feb 27, 2019.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

GF&P's put a notice out yesterday that ice shacks won't need to be removed until the end of March! This is the first time I think I have seen this happen since I have lived here!!!
    Looks like open water fishing will be a month or more behind schedule compared to the norm this year!!:cry

2. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

I need to find someone with a plow on their truck to clear a trail on the ice so i can get my permie on the river. Sucks we have all this nice thick solid ice but to much snow to do anything with.

BirdJ likes this.
  3. BirdJ

Friends of mine out here are taking their snow blowers out!! Want to get it totally out of the way.

4. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

Well i'm not snow blowing a mile plus trail out at West Bend. I used my wheeler and plow to make a trail a month or so ago, but with the amount of snow out there now you'll need a truck and plow.
    A group of us are going out next weekend. We will be unhooking Permie's and busting a trail at Joe or the Bend.

5. BirdJ

I see your point when it comes to distance that's for sure!!! Good luck this weekend!! Be safe!

Zane likes this.
  6. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Date is March 10th for ice shacks to be removed.

7. Traxion

Traxion Elite Refuge Member

With all the snow on the ice I would not push it too far regardless. Slush is a huge problem and lots of permies are frozen in right now....huge, huge mess. The longer they wait the worse that will be, especially if it warms up at all. If you weren't proactive with the weather it's a horrible year to have a permie out there. Snowmobile & portable...not the comfiest but sure beats having a 15k camper stuck in the ice!