sea duck blind/hide

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by Dog tired, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

gents,
    I bought a BBSB style sneak boat and want to use it for the swamp and sea ducks. is this realistic? ive seen sea ducks decoy into spreads with pretty obvious boat blinds without much hesitation, but is this commonplace? all those tall pop up blinds on boats seem terrible to me, but they kill, don't they? ive also hunted from the greyed out dedicated layout boats and whacked em with help from a tender boat. whats your opinion on the best method?

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

This forum has been so dead that I would take it over to the diver forum. More eyeballs there. But if you ask me...absolutely. BBSBs kills ducks wherever. Just be smart about your conditions when going out into big water.

3. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

it has been slow for sure. I did post the same question elsewhere and received good responses. yes, I think it will kill just fine with the grassed cover vs a grey paintjob. what I really should care more about is just as you said, the conditions. the current motor I have would not handle messy saltwater conditions well, so i'd need a little better gear setup etc.

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I love my BBSB. Open ocean water ? in winter? in New England?
    In my opinion, there is no being careful in the equation.
    Not for my sorry arse.

5. tgs

tgs Senior Refuge Member

I had a ZT widgeon (of sorts) that I rowed in bays and such. Just laid down with a dozen decoys on a longline and that was all it took.

ZT widgeon and eider.jpg

mike-sid likes this.