Seaark 1652 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Fowl-Action, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Refuge Member

I've been looking for a duck boat for a long time, I jumped the gun and bought one last summer but decided it was a little small, its amazing how different the same lake feels when the water gets cold and the wind picks up. After looking and looking for a new boat that better suited my needs I finally found one, the only downside was it was 10 hours away in Tulsa.
    So her's what I started with, its a little rough but has good bones and it built very stoutly. IMG_2257.JPG IMG_2238-1.JPG IMG_2256.JPG IMG_2255.JPG

2. Fowl-Action

as you can see from the las pic the back seat needs some repair, the guy who owned the boat before me was going to have the back seat modified to make it easier to reach the tiller but had some issues with the welder finishing the job. I'm going to have the back seats made into pods with a removable deck between them that I can use for fishing during the summer. so far I've just got all the foam pulled out of it so the welder can start working on it. I'm glad I pulled the foam out because a lot of the foam at the bottom of the boat was water logged
    IMG_2005.jpg IMG_2008.JPG IMG_2007.jpg IMG_2006.JPG

3. Fowl-Action

while I was at it I also removed the dry box and the foam from under the front deck so that I could move the battery and the gas tank up there. The tank in there currently is just for sizing I'm having a permanent aluminum one made IMG_2002.jpg IMG_2012.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2009.jpg

4. Buckmark311

Buckmark311 Senior Refuge Member

cant go wrong with a black slate on a seaark! looking forward to watching progress

5. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Should turn out to be a good duck boat. Keep us posted and start saving for hydro turf.

6. Berganser

Berganser Elite Refuge Member

Nice Project and Should look great when done!

7. Fowl-Action

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    I got a couple pictures from the welder. It looks like the back is turning out nice, I'll post a couple when it's all skinned out and the removable decks in tomorrow when I go to pick it up

8. Fowl-Action

IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2047-1.JPG IMG_2049-1.JPG IMG_2051-1.JPG IMG_2050-1.JPG
    I got the boat back from the welder today. The pods and removable deck came out great now I just need add some hatchs to them

Berganser likes this.
  9. Fowl-Action

IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2052.JPG
    here's a couple stragglers it wouldn't let me post on the first message

10. Fowl-Action

IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2045.JPG IMG_2048.JPG
    I also had a light bar rack made but there was a little bit of a disconnect between me and the fabricator on the removable part.. as well as a couple of the design futures of it. as of right now there is no way to mount my trolling motor up there so I may have to have it remade which is a bummer

Berganser likes this.