Silouette's for Canada Geese ???

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Feb 12, 2018.

1. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

26 states and I haven’t found one of those areas yet. I have, however, ran into a boat load of people who don’t know how to hunt.

Jagwall, dvegas, pud123 and 5 others like this.
  2. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I own 7 dozen RG Pro series II's and 13 dozen full bodies. I will sell the FB's before the silos. My avatar picture is over the 7 dozen silos.

DrakeStar likes this.
  3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

I do not like a strictly silo spread,most of the pictures I see ,guys killing birds over silos seem to be in Corn,and I am thinking on the X.

4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

I refuse to pay for an x field ($$$$$),100% of my fields are running traffic,never found an issue with pulling power with a all skinny rig,I guess confidence plays a big part in it.

5. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

6. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

My go to traffic spread is all silo's. You throw 16-20 dozen silos at them and the pulling power is pretty damn fierce. And remember that birds do not see things the same as a person does. Pictures only make hunters think more like a human and less like a bird.

DrakeStar likes this.
  7. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

After running every kind of full body decoy,the first hunt I set out a measly 3 dozen real geese silos and was nervous of the outcome,the birds bombed in with reckless abandoned ,most spreads around me back then consisted of 10-20 dozen full body's.
    Sold every full body goose decoy I had the following weekend.

8. dmastin

dmastin Senior Refuge Member

I have always used Real Geese, we use to have around around 20 dozen when we hunted 10 yrs ago but we lost our place to hunt and didn't hunt for a good 8 yrs. We got our land back this season but run around 12 dozen full body and my Brother in law has 5 dozen RG, and the geese will go to the RG almost every time. I am going to get some Dive Bomb silos this summer, really like them. Hopefully will get 10 dozen.

9. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

How many silos does someone need? When we hunt geese we use 18 DSD's and that's it. I was looking at the 5 dozen dive bombs but not sure if it's enough now. What silos does everyone prefer?

10. BADLARRY250

BADLARRY250 Senior Refuge Member

Looks like you're in a prime spot if you're from Spokane, WA. Its a little tougher in the Midwest. of course I have never hunted in WA that's just what I've heard, I could just be talking out of my butt