Silouette's for Canada Geese ???

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Feb 12, 2018.

1. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

U know what im saying. Dont no one know what he is saying. U see what im saying.

2. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

All this is gone over and although I agree location and concealment will always be 1 and 2 as far as important(otherwise I wouldn' load my cart with brush on my way to my blind site)I don' think the issue is concealment or location on my situation as I have killed geese in the same location with Fbs.I don' know the art or science of setting out silos,some guys say they need to be spread out,some say close some say at different angles some say all facing into the wind.I would love to learn the tricks,they sure are easier than hauling out cart loads of Fbs.

3. mpkowal

I not only see and hear what you are saying,I also know what you mean.Hey take this dang snow back up there to Michigan where it belongs,please.

4. baker aka goosenut

Getting snow in vegas wow that dont happen to often. Shoot we have had three feet of snow and now about 6 inches of rain just in feb alone its flooding bad out here.

5. mpkowal

Hey Mike do you guys have a late goose season.?

6. baker aka goosenut

Yea we have a late season its jan 27-feb11. This was the first year i didnt get into them good tho. winter cold temps kept them south of me.

7. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Temps dictate how loose or tight to set spread,no different than full bodies, cold temp tight set,warm temp loose relaxed set up,really not to scientific.
    Concealment is 80% of the equation.

8. mpkowal

I keep hearing this concealment issue ,I guess I hide well enough to land Honkers and Mallards into the Fullbodies but when I use
    Silos I show up to the geese even if I am in the same hide???
    I get it ,Silos can be used to kill geese ,O just have never done it.Used to run all shell spreads,worked great,same hide.

9. dukgtr187

dukgtr187 Senior Refuge Member

For Canada's I hunt with a spread of 3 dozen real geese silos, 6 hardcore full bodies, 6 higdon wobblers and 9 floaters. I usually run traffic for the geese as I have never seen them actually land in my field that I hunt, they land in the one to the north and 1 to the south. When I'm out there with my spread they do land in the decoys.

Attached Files:

10. Lastflight

Lastflight Senior Refuge Member

Care to elaborate on this at all? I hunt over silos, FBs, and a mix of both. My plan is to move more towards a full silo spread for storage and because I hunt alone a fair amount.