Skeeters' - I hate them little critters!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, May 14, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Serious as can be. My dads the same way. My BIL gets ate up by them, and I can be sitting right beside him, and they don’t even buzz around me.

cprodave likes this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’ve heard of those LA swamp skeeters. How bad are they during teal season. I might could find a weekend during that timeframe to conduct it. Hint... hint... wink... wink... LOL

DComeaux likes this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Those skeeters around Galliano/Fouchon/Houma/etc aren’t no joke. That place in every way is in a league of its own. Like a whole different world down there. Lots of SKEEZERS too. The Wally World trips were always a sight to see as well.

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Those jokers down near the coast are something else; if they were just a hair bigger they'd wind up in a gumbo.
    And as bad as they are I'm not sure the gnats ain't worse and they don't even really bite; they just make it dang near impossible to breath.

5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I live on a lake in North Idaho in an area with plenty of water (lakes and rivers) and at the same latitude as the famous mosquito lands of Minnesota and Wisconsin. But we just don't have the skeeters up here in any kind of numbers. Plus we have a lot of little birds and bats to knock the flying bugs down. In the summertime we leave the french doors open to the deck and hang on the deck for hours every day. I might get a couple of skeeter bites a week. It's heaven compared to living in screen porch land. Been there, done that.

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Overheard a couple rice field mosquitoes arguing over what to do with the young bull they were carrying. One wanted to take him on down to the marsh to eat him, but the other said, "Hell, no! The big guys will take him away from us."

7. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Anywhere to order these that the shipping isn't outrageous?

take'm likes this.
  8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Went turkey hunting with a buddy years ago in a wet bottom area on the shore. Full of turkeys, rocks, chiggers and skeeters. Didn't matter how much skeeters repellent you put on or what brand the skeeters were insane. He on the other hand was fine. I asked what type of natural stink he was wearing and said he secret was eating a lot of garlic and onions. I then recalled seeing him loading up everything with onions and garlic. I eventually bought a skeeters suite just to hunt that place and despite not being bit much with the suite and head cover the sound of them was still outrageous.

9. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Here in Mizzuri, those little black SOB’s that swarm around are Dog Pecker Gnats.They make life miserable for anyone outside.

double limit likes this.
  10. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Shipping is free on the $200 case. $200 ain't cheap, but a skeeter free Montauker yard would be priceless, and I think I can get two years outta one case. So at $100 a year for no skeeters is a slammer deal, if it works.

If I get bite I'm sending a bill to the OP

WHUP ! Hen and double limit like this.