Skeeters' - I hate them little critters!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, May 14, 2018.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

That’s ridiculous

2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    No payment at all. Im just trying to help out you knuckleheads find a great product that works that you didnt know about.

Montauker - Heck bud, carry on... Didnt no one tell you not to talk. I just ordered a case myself a few minutes ago. You got me scared now!

Me & Maggs...........

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Mr Rex, you happen to know if those things have an expiration/inneffective date? Hate to see someone buy up a stock of them, only to figure out a chemical breaks down after so long and they don’t work.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Funny, my wife asked me that same question last evening. And, I forgot to asked when I ordered the
    10 boxes this morning.

5. TheDuckSlayer

Yellow fly is kind of a big version of a black fly. His bite hurts worse. But no, neither our yellow flies or black flies swarm like that.

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Think most folks here without good municipal or parish mosquito abatement spray their places with Talstar.

7. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

Anyone know the ingredients inside this thing? One of the videos on their site mentions that it is just sugar cookie mix without the flour - so sugar, baking powder, and baking soda I'm guessing.

I bought some but thought that if I can reuse the the canister and just fill it with cheap ingredients found in my kitchen I wouldn't have to re-order after the 90 days.

8. TheDuckSlayer

This is a yellow fly:

EA098777-C68F-44E0-A555-E6BC87A34C9F.jpeg

The only way to kill him is to let him commit and bite you and feed for at least a good 10-15 seconds. They are way more agile and fast than black flies, and you’ll never get him if you swat as soon as he lands. He will deftly outmaneuver you, only to land on another piece of exposed skin a few seconds later.

9. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like your version of our greenhead. Either way, there's no greater level of satisfaction and revenge then when that game of chicken is timed to perfection and results in a clean kill.

upload_2018-5-15_14-25-51.jpeg

We also get smaller deer flies in the woods during summer that chase you down and try to land on the back of the head....luckily mankind has developed PPE for those bastads!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  10. TheDuckSlayer

We don’t have those green heads. We got the small, black biting flies and the ones that bite that look like house flies. People down here call these dog/deer/black flies interchangeably. Then we got the yellow flies and horse flies. Horse flies are huge and they hurt like hell, but they aren’t as numerous as the others. I’ve never seen a swarm of biting flies like you posted above. We do get thick clouds of mosquitoes, but thankfully they are pretty sensitive to insecticide. Still annoying as all get out.

I agree about the satisfaction of killing a biting fly. It is a great accomplishment to kill one without getting bit by it.