Skeeters' - I hate them little critters!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, May 14, 2018.

1. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

I wanted to revisit this thread since several folks commented that they were gonna give this a try. Is it the miracle product as advertised?

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

http://refugeforums.com/threads/skeeters-get-rid-of-them.1034804/

On a separate note... I still haven't been bitten by one this year, through turkey season, and a weeklong trip to the lake. @DComeaux, lemme know when I need to buy my "for research purposes only" teal license. :dv

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I'm trying it. Mine have been up about three weeks. I still get a few bites but seems to be better.

4. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

I actually just ordered some of these the other day, should be arriving in the next day or so, I'll be sure post a review.

5. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

I put two up four weeks ago and another two up about two weeks ago all in my backyard on just under an acre. I have seen no improvement and in fact it seems like the situation is worse.

There's a caveat though, I have a very small seasonal wetland directly behind my backyard that generally has water in it only during the rainy season from December to April. After that it dries out quickly. All of the drainage from my rain gutters and yard irrigation gets sent back into the wetland. I just put down new sod almost two weeks ago so I've been watering it 3x's a day and as a result there has been lots of runoff into the wetland. So that could be the problem.

I'm about to cut the watering back on the new sod so perhaps that will help.

6. FLATBTM

FLATBTM Refuge Member

Anyone ever tried bat boxes? I've heard they can eat around 1000 mosquitoes an hour. Purple Martins supposedly put the smack down on them too.

widgeon likes this.
  7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Don't buy into that myth, bruh.

8. FLATBTM

FLATBTM Refuge Member

That's the info I was looking for when I posted haha. I wouldn't have a clue personally.

I think I might give this product a try though. New place is on some land up high so I wont have to worry about standing water too much, but it is Alabama. I don't tend to get eat up like some friends do around me, but I hate them all the same and don't want the nastyness they carry.

9. DComeaux

DComeaux Senior Refuge Member

10. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I put up a bat box. It attracted bats.