Texas Flyway Forum Sponsors

Son moving to Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas Flyway Forum' started by AK Dux, Dec 20, 2018.

1. AK Dux

AK Dux Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys, my son just landed a dream job in the outdoor industry east of Farmers Branch. He’s a young, single and straight guy, conservative, avid hunter. We have no clue about where to live in the Dallas area. He wants to get an apartment where there’s a younger conservative crowd, a lot to do, etc., and wants to avoid liberal dominant areas. The Uptown & Knox-Henderson areas have been mentioned, but again, we have no idea. Can anyone give us some ideas that would meet the above? Thanks! John

2. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming New Member

The traffic is bad. Closer to work makes for happiness.

3. Mczar777

Mczar777 New Member

I’m from Dallas and lived there for 32 years before moving to Southlake. I had a ball in Uptown when I was single.... Plenty of Hens!

4. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

People his age who live in Dallas predominantly are transplants from outside of Texas. Uptown will be a lot of fun, but I’m not sure it’s going to be conservative or that any of the people his age will care much about politics.

My suggestion would be to live in Fort Worth, but that’s not realistic if his job is in Farmers Branch. Fort Worth is way more fun and full of down to earth people. Better music scene and more authentic Texas.

Good luck to him.