Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Spring Snow Goose Hunting in Saskatchewan - VIDEO SERIES

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by backwater1, May 15, 2017.

1. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Great little series. I had no idea you could hunt them this "late". Now I'm going to try and figure out a way to get up there from Kansas.

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I noticed that you were using a lot of the SCORE shotgun shells. These shells are made in Carberry Manitoba. I can remember buying a couple of boxes of their original lead loads, and then I contacted them to see if they would produce any steel loads. I talked to Ismail, who at the time was the owner/production manager, and within a year , the first cases of STEEL shells were in production. I bought a few different sizes and types this last fall and was very happy with them. The best thing was the cost. I ended up picking up a couple cases of 2.75" #2 for $89.00 CDN a case, which works out to about $65 USD a case. Cheddite hulls, but I don't know which shotcup they are using. Pattern well. Shot is decent. An absolute bargain up here. Even buying in the retail stores, they are at least 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper than comparable brands like Winchester, Federal, or Kent.

[​IMG]

I digress.

How did you like the SCORE shells, and what sizes were you using? It looks like the birds were hanging a little higher on the this day.

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

There are snows still in our area right now, but not many. Most migrated north last week.

4. Derek.white03

Derek.white03 New Member

Kept up with the series and all the WR videos. Great videos and really liked keeping up with them. Then knowing how day by day went was a cool new thought. I enjoyed them thanks for posting keep em up

5. backwater1

backwater1 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

3" BB Score does the trick. We like them a lot! And as they say, when in Rome.

The birds were definitely acting more typical of adult spring snow geese on the last day. No wind and very cool, you'd expect that. Still had enough come down and shot plenty.

Things change every day - that's snow goose hunting for ya! And what we were trying to share with this series.

------

Thanks for the positive comments and feedback guys. We do put a lot of effort into producing stuff like this so we like to hear that others are enjoying it!

6. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

And it wasn't just shooting. I have always liked the behind the scenes stuff and the how to parts. Ever think about doing something where you talk about conditions and how you set your callers and spread, etc?

7. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Way to keep after them guys and we all appreciate you sharing!! And I too love the behind the scenes, got stuck, videos. Cause that brings back so many awesome memories!!

8. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Great job telling the story with the videos

9. JRS

JRS Elite Refuge Member

Nice videos. You guys got a good film/production crew.

10. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member