Starting a spread, looking for advice

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by isu22andy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

If your still having problems this year getting birds when hunting in your spread, try hiding on the edge of the field. Find an area that has some decent to good cover, brush in your blinds with said cover an see what happens. The main thing is make it look as natural as possible.

2. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

Also make sure your truck is out of sight. It could of have been parked too close. Listening to what you said about where you were hunting and how you were hunting it I would bet it's your hide. If there is a circle in the field hunting the pivot might be an option for you too.

3. whitedice

whitedice Refuge Member

Good thoughts. How far away do you normally park your vehicle? When it is an option, Ill park the truck behind some trees, but sometimes there might only be a small section of trees surrounding the landowners house, and I don't want to drive up in there and get dogs barking or anything like that early in the morning. If you had a wide open field, how far away would you park?

4. Honker Ace

Honker Ace Refuge Member

Depends on direction the birds are going to be coming from and where in the field I am. Typically I try to park on a tree line quite a ways from the decoys - five to ten minutes isn't an uncommon walk to my truck from the spread. Sometimes it sucks when going to get it afterwards, but it beats the alternative.