Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Starting to see a few geese

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by skimerhorn, Aug 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

1. skimerhorn

skimerhorn New Member

Starting to see a few geese flying. Seen a few flocks in cut silage fields. Also noticed they're not flying till about 9 or 10 in the morning, and right at sunset in the evening

2. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Local geese moving around either headed to food lion parking lot or the post office. Local mallards moving early and dropping in the cess pool at mcdonalds. Heavy crop of fries floating on the surface,along with the occasional biscuit. Still have not seen any blue wingers yet..

3. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

4. LEWDOG

LEWDOG Elite Refuge Member

That are going to die in a few more weeks for if they fly (over me) they die ( of a storm of black cloud # 1 ) . Yep I have good numbers on my hunting grounds and flying late morning.

:dv LD :tu

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I think we are starting to notice them more cause we are closer to Opening Day. Where ARE the DOVES???????
    Dag Nabbit.

6. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife New Member

I'm seeing big groups of dove here. Way more than I have seen in recent years. As many as several hundred on a few consecutive stretches of power lines. All around crop fields that haven't been touched yet.

Geese started moving around on pattern about two weeks ago.