stealth 2000 at North Freitas

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by flyfishz, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Downwind

Downwind Senior Refuge Member

Colorful and possible but not practical . . . wonder how it would work in the twists and turns.

2. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Pretty sure that isn't a 23 hp. Long tail mud buddy.

3. Powder

Powder Elite Refuge Member

Ask the warden, he taught him.:l

Dan Mallia and letmwurk like this.
  4. Downwind

Downwind Senior Refuge Member

Ends Probably Like This . . . with a longtail Eskimo Roll :dv

Dan Mallia likes this.
  5. 7pntail

7pntail Senior Refuge Member

I gotta have one. On it's best day ever, my Mud Buddy 35 pushes an 18 foot boat 20 mph.

Not racing that guy for pinks!

6. HARD-UP

HARD-UP Senior Refuge Member

This post brings me back to my first time hunting the big F. We hand launched the scull boat off the side of the 165 pre ramp. We floated downriver and shot limits of green and woodies, it took us forever to get back, I was so freakin tired. I have some really good memories from back in the day. It’s definitely changed for the negative in the past years, too much pressure IMHO. And losing that closed zone near the K shrewd things up.

freefall and duckfire like this.
  7. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Today that would have Mr Greengenes throwing the book at you , there is NO Launching of any watercraft off the bridge or roadway on HWY 165 !
    With that little piece of paper , it could spoil your season ! :yes:l:l

8. Drollz

Drollz Elite Refuge Member

lol
    you just told all the wardens you hunted a state park and you parked in a no parking zone. You will be getting a knock on the door. There are more wardens on here than you have ever seen in one place.
    you should have went to donoly park.

9. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

He said “pre-ramp” Alex. Guessing you could dump off the road before there was a launch...at least that’s what the state constitution says.

10. CaGRNHD

CaGRNHD Senior Refuge Member

All I can say is you will be sunk fast. We run fast and quick at 2:00 AM and you will be blinded by the lights. Just make sure to get out of the state park. You better pushing it than trying to run electric. And remember, if there alone, you may not have a catalytic converter when you come back. Several have been hit. Oh yeah, hmm who is shooting those dam ring neck divers on the pond we all know when I am trying to kill the 1 mallard left out there! Oh wait there are no mallards in the grasslands.

Freitas- those who know Shooter, Duckfire, Cencal and others we had a run in the day when it actually shot and using our longtails. Those were the best and navigating was fun. I saw Burroughs 1 time but he was same dam fast he was blurr in the jet! 1 time was enough for him he likes to run clean water behind some locked gates somewhere! 25 years I hunted it and had some private access along it. I go once a year now just to say i used my boat and ran freitas to find the 1 mallard left!

Good luck if you dont' get sunk or runover.

duckfire and freefall like this.