North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Still some birds around

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by KAHunter, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

I agree with that a good duck a day is great. Any more and your just "market gunning" anyway! ha-ha! Seriously,I don't Know why anyone would want to keep hunting waterfowl on the AFW, gotten to the point that I threaten to quit several times each year! One day I will eventually stop,until then I'll just keep plugging along and complaining about it.

2. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

I don’t think I would ever quit unless I was just physically unable to get after it. It’s too instilled in me, even after many, many decades of doing so. Sure, our flyway sucks and it’s getting harder and more competitive than ever to have good consistent hunts. And while limits certainly are the quest, I find it more and more satisfying to share good times in the blinds with friends, even if we only kill 3 or 4. That’s what happens when you get older ...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

Yall are talking about quitting. I wish I could hunt more and I hunt a lot.

dog duck gun likes this.
  4. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Worse thing that happened to me was I retired and can hunt every day of the Season. I usually hunt 50 plus days a season...and when it's a sucky year,that's along time of frustration!.