stolen, then returned dog crate

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MJ, May 5, 2019.

1. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

^^^^ Agreed, I live in a small community out in the country, across the street is County land, but everybody parks there, any "Stuff" left there is free game. On my driveway I have a small fruit/vegetable stand where I put any excess fruits and veggies from my garden for the neighbors, I have a "Free" sign for that. I've actually had people leave money, which I'll gladly accept, but it's not necessary.

goosenazi likes this.
  2. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Apollo Beach, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    A couple of years ago we were cleaning out a house we had just bought. I would take a load out to the end of the driveway and it seemed like by the time I took the next load out, the previous one would be about half the size it was earlier.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’ve had them fools take my kids bikes, leaned up against a power pole in the ditch. One, new with the stickers still on it. A dude stopped today and rummaged through a pile of broken down cardboard boxes for twenty minutes. Didn’t stack a single one back up. I’ve yet to see anything worth a nickel last longer than 2 hours in front of my house at the road. It’s got its pros and cons.

4. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Plot thickens

5. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

Well,it's basically the same deal in my liteel town; leave something on the curb/next to the trash bins, it's free game.

I think I've posted this before, but a few years back my FIL was mowing his yard with a push mower, when it ran out of gas between the house and curb. he went into the garage to get a gas can, and by the time he came back someone was loading the mower into their truck! A quick discussion and apologies were had, but jeeze.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  6. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

While free may do the deal I've also seen where a free sign for a week = still there .... but put a sign on it for $20 and it will disappear over night? :))

7. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

Marketing genius!

8. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’m a little worried about doing yard work and needing to go into the backyard for something and leaving equipment in the front yard for a few minutes. Or, the garage being open while I’m doing yard work in the back, etc.

Vammy likes this.
  9. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

We had something similiar happen last week. Its our "junk week" and everyone does spring cleaning and sets the stuff out on the curb to be picked up. The usual scrappers roam the area looking for metal to scrap.
    Well an older neighbor always puts her weekly trash in a metal wagon and then hauls it to the curb. Unfortunately she forgot what week it was and set out her trash in the wagon. 2 guys come walking up unload her trash and start to walk off with her wagon. The GF notices them walking from her house and sees the wagon. Sure enough it was her's. I chased them down and expalined to them they needed to return the wagon and why fortunately they returned it with no issues.
    Once it was returned i knocked on her door and asked if she would put it in her garage because i would bet she wont be as lucky next time.

10. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Made me smile. My mower is so "well used" that if it runs out of gas anywhere near one of the roads our small town corner lot's on, it's goes with me for the can.

Re: dog boxes, when I lived in the city I found mine were bad for jumping out of the truck in Walmart parking lots. Not sure why it was always Walmart's lot and not a grocery or Mall's, but naming one "HALL" in bold print apparently gave it a sense of belonging, as that one never ran off...

Vammy likes this.