Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

TDB 17 Sea Class

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DCFIREMANN, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Duckdamage

Duckdamage New Member

Sorry, but comparing an original TDB with anything the Duckwater company produces is like comparing a real boat with a toy. Too many issues with Duckwater. I would suggest you sell yours, and get a TDB or a Bankes IMHO

scot likes this.
  2. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    I'd love to know what "Issues" you find with Duckwaters?? I have been in quite a few, and except maybe their weight, they have been awesome boats. For what i do, which is hunting around a lot of rocks and eddy's , a fiberglass boat will never cut it. A aluminum boat is the only way to go, and Duckwater is a tank.

3. DCFIREMANN

DCFIREMANN Senior Refuge Member

I have looked at Duckwater boats in the past. They aren't my cup of tea. I do a lot of different hunting out of my boat. The Duckwater just doesn't fit the bill.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

4. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

Mine was made in 2006, it's built like a tank. I can hunt anywhere in it. I've broken 4" of ice with it. Try that with your glass boat.

5. DCFIREMANN

I would love to see the bottom of your tank!!!! If you think those aluminum boats can break 4 inches of ice you better know a good aluminum welder. If we get 4 inches of ice down here I'll go hunt the fields.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

6. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

It's welded .240 aircraft aluminum, with a 1/2" aluminum skag that runs 3/4 of the length of the boat. Also it has a jackplate so I can drop the motor down below the broken chunks of ice coming out the back. The 115 E-tec just pushes it up on the ice and it breaks like butter. Mine is one of the early ones, so it's a bit more stout than what he makes today. 20151115_145343_resized.jpg
    20161217_120917.jpg

20151128_125121_resized.jpg
    20151111_103453_resized.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Nothin like a fiberglass/aluminium boat competition, pizzing contest. :joker

stevena198301 and Duane Read like this.
  8. RJW

RJW Senior Refuge Member

We have the same arguments in Washington/ Oregon. What to use in what kind of water. Generally if you run rivers get aluminum. If you run the sound or ocean get glass. I can tell you I know someone who recently sold his name brand aluminum boat. It had been use in the Columbia river and looked like a great boat. When the new owner removed the floor he found ever weld on the stringers broken and had to have them re-welded.

They are not completely bomb proof, you just may not see it.

9. DCFIREMANN

RJW my SC17will never see river duty. I have an Excel with a 4400 Black Death mud motor for running the river up here in Western Maryland. I do a lot of big water hunting in my TDB and love how stable it is.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Duane Read likes this.
  10. DCFIREMANN

no harm- no fowl it's a nice looking rig. It's just not my cup of tea.

Be Safe

THE DAWG