Teal opener

Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by Iowa waterfowler, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Iowa waterfowler

Iowa waterfowler New Member

89D798A6-FFFA-488C-8659-0D37720ABB0C.jpeg 9243B0A3-AA93-4A1F-A834-9D0C0B16D9C9.jpeg Went out yeasterday in SW Iowa. There a some teal moving not huge numbers. I managed to get three. We had a nice wad 16 or so of them set down in our decoys about 40 min til shooting light. Well we had about 5 min to go and I figured we would get most of our limit at sunrise. The ducks had a different plan and took off. After that we got some pairs and groups of 4 to 6 sporadically. Hot and humid as all get out. Mosquitoes were horrible if you didn’t have deet you were gonna get anemia lol. Any hunt is a good hunt!!

WHUP ! Hen and Reelcranky like this.
  2. HEUY

HEUY Senior Refuge Member

Glad you got out and got birds. Here in NC Iowa we are overly wet and I did not get out. Scouted some and did not see much for birds and wasn't really ready. Got a different boat and needed to do some more on it.

3. iaduckhunter

iaduckhunter Refuge Member

This was the best teal season I've had since it was introduced to the state. Got limits consistently the entire teal season. Habitat (flooded CRP) was all over the place. To bad that won't be the case next year. dux.png