Teal Season

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Hogleg, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Hogleg

Hogleg Senior Refuge Member

Our teal season has been terrible. 5 the first weekend. Didn't see a single bird the second weekend. SE Nebraska.

I'm going out again regardless, really want to get some birds in front of the new dog.

How's everyone else doing?

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

IMG_0299.JPG

Shot 7 between two of us on Saturday (our opener). Didn't see enough to motivate me to go Sunday. Pretty disappointed because the weather was good, and the season opened a week later than usual. Our teal hunting is extremely weather dependent. No cold front, no teal. Weather forecast does not look good for the next week, either.

3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Your teal started hitting TX and LA at the end of July. They've been building up ever since. Those cold fronts in late July and most of August sent most of them down early.

4. Hogleg

That was my fear, already here and gone...

5. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

We are not allowed a teal season up here in Minnie (by our DNR) & there certainly are teal here. We've had temps up in the 80s, & I'm in far northern Minnie. Next week it's cooling down & teal will move.

Ringbill

6. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

We had decent teal numbers for our season here in wi

7. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Teal started showing around the last week of August here in SW Louisiana, which is par. Season starts tomorrow.

8. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

You are lucky if you can just get out there...most areas here closed after storm's passage and high water most certainly will disperse teal elsewhere. The authorities might open areas next weekend so maybe we will get a couple of days to shoot. I am just lucky family, house, duck boat are intact.

Fowler267 and Hogleg like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Sucked so bad, I didn't go out for the opener. Never found any birds while scouting. Went dub hunting instead, and with the storms coming through, most of them had left. I was holding a few the week before. May end up going teal hunting this weekend or next week.

10. Hogleg

My teal spot is FULL of bullfrogs, and they're in season! I'm going to bring a fishing pole and see if I can't get my limit of frogs while I sit and wait for the teal to come down from WI.