Teal

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by KSU86, Sep 6, 2017.

1. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

Anyone up for sharing their point of view on next weekends early teal opener?
    The prospects in Central KS appear spotty - The Q pretty is dry up North.
    Scouted a nice flock (last night) 50+ pond jumping around my place.
    We will have the grill fired up Sat night and hold church service on that pond.

2. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

How many spinners are you going to set out? I saw Bobbyguyfilms and Flair used 9 spinners with 6 mojo flickers, and 4 guys shot 9 teal for the Nebraska opener. What would people do without spinners? It is Teal people, TEAL!

3. Ducky73

Ducky73 Refuge Member

Last year the migration didnt happen until the evening before the opener. Hopefully that happens again this year because as of today things are not looking that great.

4. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Migration happened last night. They were flying over is morning while dove hunting. Also lost doves

5. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Looks like last night was the coolest night in the near future. My prediction - they'll come, like they usually do, but slowly and steadily. I don't see anything in the forecast that makes me think big movement will happen throughout the three-week season. Lots of days in the mid-80s and south wind won't encourage any big migration events but I'm sure the birds have noticed th cool evenings, just as we have, and will be steadily moving south.

Neck Collar likes this.
  6. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

That guy is always trolling the FB groups, it's annoying. Yet I watch his videos....I noticed the ridiculous amount of spinners too. At a certain point it becomes too much IMO

7. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

I said the same thing on 9-1 hunting a sunflower field and watching all the spinners. It's dove people, dove!
    Didn't seem to help them any.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I saw a ton of migrating birds last night, right before dark, up high. They looked like stragglers. One-sies and two-sies. Hoping it made some teal arrive.

9. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

My prediction is a TON OF HUNTERS in a VERY limited area due to water conditions. We lost a lot of doves today, a wheat stubble field i hunt was LOADED since opener and there wasn't a single dove in sight this morning on my way to work. KDWPT reports are going to push people to one certain area over others that actually have water right now. As for the birds the numbers are similar to last year and seem pretty low compared to years past. Going to be a crowded opener more so than usual.

10. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

This is why I hate duck hunters..7:30 mark I hope their drone would fly across my spread

Ramblingman and nick b like this.