Teal

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by KSU86, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

I can tell you without a doubt in my mind its still going on. A very well known guide here in Kansas was with 7 OTHER TRUCKS opening morning at a public marsh. Each truck had 2-3 people all with tags from various states and locations. They all came out together. MAYBE they just all knew each other and planned a get together but as i sat there watching them interact i did not get the feeling like they were friends or even knew each other. The guide went to each truck and talked to them but none talked to each other. I wont blast names or locations over speculation. There isnt much they can do to stop it short of a sting.

2. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

That's not a guide that's an outfitter

3. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Trying to determine who has the lowest IQ, the dipstick GUIDES or the client paying for services to hunt crowded public land?

Speculation or not, it wouldn't hurt to share your Intel with both state and federal LEOs so they can coordinate an undercover booking.

Neck Collar and Tuleman like this.
  4. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Im more of a lurker here than a participator due to being a regular on another forum, but in reading this thread, Ive read a lot about spinners and wanting to make them illegal. Why? Having a bunch of spinners out in the marsh isn't screwing up any ones hunting anymore than 27 groups of guys all high balling one flight of ducks at the same time.

Tuleman and waterfowlhunter27 like this.
  5. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

you really need to spend more time in the marsh.......................

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Ducks get wary of them, and if a guy comes and sets up beside you with a bunch of them, he can ruin your day. Best to either move, or correct the problem early by shooting at him when he starts to set up the first one. :dv

But in all seriousness... AR banned them, and the only difference I could notice was that I couldn't pick out other hunting groups through 300 yards of flooded timber anymore (those wings shine for a long way, even through the woods).

7. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Ive probably spent more time hunting ducks in the last 44 years than you have

Tuleman and waterfowlhunter27 like this.
  8. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Steve, I don't think ducks get anymore wary of them then they do 6 groups of guys in a 750 yard area blowing the hell out of their duck calls at the same flight of birds.(Especially when 80% cant call for ****) Over population of duck hunters in the marsh is the main problem we don't get the quality hunts we did 30 years ago, not a set of spinning wings. If I thought for a minute that spinners were a problem, Id be the first to say ban them, but I think we have bigger fish to fry. The main one we need more hunting area, I cant figure out why with all the WIHA acres in Kansas, our commission cant get more of those acres leased for the waterfowler, seems that program is geared toward the Upland guys and us duck hunters get the short end of the stick

9. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Maybe if KDWPT would out law spinners and mud motors, the tech boys would give it up and the population problem would be taken care of. :dv

10. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

Well fancy see you over here... things slow down on D-H-C? Here ill sum up %90 of the posts here:
    hate mojos
    hate mud motors
    hate anyone affiliated to the bottoms
    hate the commision
    hate guides
    hate scouting reports of any kind
    hate hunters helping hunters through a public forum
    hate OOSrs

combine that with a a few guys that will rant about anything and everyone about places they rarely visit and tactics they pry wont admit to using and welcome to the Kansas fuge...
    :l:l