Teal

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by KSU86, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

EXHIBIT A ^^^^

2. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

And we really hate the "Holier than Thou types". :dv (See above)
    Hell this place is so dead otherwise, without some ranting posts nothing would happen around here.

3. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

whats funny is as i was typing my reply to cluck you posted about kdwpt/spinners/mudmotors all in the same post, i hit post then saw it hahah

4. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

If I'd add OOSers, we have The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. :dv

5. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

In regards to WIHA, I think that any decent waterfowl habitat that exists on private land (which is very little) here in KS has already been leased or locked up by the landowner for family use. You are correct in regards to upland acreage & WIHA. Here in NE Kansas though, most of that upland acreage is in corn or bean stubble with very little decent wildlife cover to go with it. It is a wildlife desert.

6. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Im not really new here, I think I joined about 3 years ago I just pop in on occasion to read the posts and the rants LOL. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Im sure lots of the prime areas are leased, but, I don't see why they cant lease the ponds etc that are in the walk in fishing program for waterfowl hunters. It would be doubling the resource income for the land owner and hopefully help ease our over crowed wetlands. I haven't studied the NE area of the state is there very much of it enrolled in the Fishing Program?

8. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

They don't pay **** for those programs. Anybody with half a brain can make more leasing a halfway decent pond to waterfowl hunters than they can their whole acreage to the state for WIHA

Tuleman likes this.
  9. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Id bet if a pond is enrolled in the State Fishing program its not leased to a duck hunter, reasoning would be most duck hunters would lease it on a year to year basis so they could also fish in it year round . Your statement is correct though a farmer would make more money leasing it out for duck hunting if it was a decent spot. The point Im making is as we all know our state sorely needs more duck hunting properties and the ponds enrolled in the Fishing program would be one opportunity to help a bad situation.

10. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

I can name two within 10 min of my house that are. There lease runs nov 1 to mar 1. Here anything in WIHA that has wildlife doesn't stay with the state but a year or two. Then base camp leasing, dragon slayer hunts, etc offer a lot more. There is walkin 1/2 mile north of me with three ponds. In 3 years I have taken 1 goose off of it. It was a cripple that was shot somewhere else and made it there. Other than that it is a wildlife desert. Same with a fescue pasture with a pond 4 miles away. However a 120 that used to have a covey of quail 3 miles north is leased by someone for rediculous money for deer.