Teal

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by KSU86, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

That's the long and short of it. WHIA land is land that is offered to the State by the landowner, it isn't actively sought for lease by the state. The state couldn't afford to lease decent waterfowl property for public use.
    The state already owns a large portion of decent waterfowl property; they are called Wildlife Management Areas. You and I hunt them on a regular basis.

Neck Collar likes this.
  2. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

That's interesting, I know a few farmers in NC Kansas that would rather starve than lease their land to an outfitter, they absolutely hate them. Its to bad that the sport of hunting has become a big money game.

3. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Wait till transferable landowner deer tags come back. We thought we killed it earlier this year, but it shows as still being in the system.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

The use of the land is under control of the landowner; if he/she doesn't want hunting on it, then there is none.
    The price paid for said land is the same regardless of the stipulated use, if I understand the policy correctly.

5. cluckmeister

cluckmeister New Member

Id be curious to know if the commissioners have even thought about a dual use program.

6. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Just wrapped up our annual teal trip. The cattails are plentiful, but props to the folks there for doing what they can. I particularly appreciated the nicely dug out boat channels. We missed the big wave of teal I think but still shot some and a personal first for me, two green wings. Never shot them before in teal season. Last two birds of the trip were GWT for me and my buddy, can't complain about that.

Neck Collar likes this.