Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Tennessee Turkey Quota Hunt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by Duckkiller8901, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Duckkiller8901

Duckkiller8901 New Member

Hey guys I was wondering if any of y’all have ever put in and been accepted for a quota turkey hunt. This is my first year putting in for one and I was drawn for Chuck Swan State Park. I was wondering if anyone had any luck out there or anything. It’s a far drive for me but am will to make it if it is worth the drive. Thanks Guys

2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Won't know 'til ya go. I don't hunt turks so I'm of no help whatsoever.

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Me neither, but! I did use the bathroom at a Holiday Inn Express last month on our way to Miss. That needs to count for something.

Me & Maggs.......

4. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

It is a big area, hills and hollows with some fields. If you scout it your chances improve dramatically. Going in cold with no scouting is likely to be frustrating. Note: all this applies to any turkey hunt on pubic land. It can be very crowded early season as well, as many think birds are innocent. They are not. It does have good numbers birds to go with the hunters though. If you look at the kill numbers history you may be surprised to see that the kill totals per man day are quite a bit lower per man day than what I imagine the private land kill numbers are in Tn. FWIW I live 30 miles away and no longer even apply.

5. Duckkiller8901

Duckkiller8901 New Member

I was drawn for the 5th hunt the last one out there. I hope to hunt all 3 days and maybe get one.