The "Downtrodden"" Are At It Again

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Doc E, Aug 10, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sure. And they are welcome to “ignore” him on the duck forum, just like he can ignore them by not watching football. I’m not seeing the problem here...

Duck_Hunter_TX and tcc like this.
  2. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

There is no "problem," assuming everyone can just ignore the other side as youre suggesting. But 90%+ of people (and more like 99.99%+ of people on the internet) seem to have a near pathological compulsion to try in vain to change the minds of the other side.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I have no idea why we try and change others minds so adamantly on here and elsewhere. I'm guilty of it. But I have no idea why.

4. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Acknowledge and respect works too, but ignore is probably best because, as you alluded to, it doesn’t make sense to try to change the minds of others but it’s a trend that’s been happening in this country for a long time and it’s getting us nowhere. I’m guilty of it as well.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Imo minds and opinions can absolutely be changed when actual dialogue takes place and a little respect is shown from both sides. The problem these days is things are so extreme and respect is rare; if you don't agree with something you're immediately accused of being a ____phobe or a baby killer or whatever instead of real conversations happening, especially online. And yes, I'm guilty of it as well, as is everyone I've seen so far on this board, at least from time to time.