Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

That is impressive recognition of all her hard work and design skills.

2. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

Really Nice job on the cabin. It takes dedication to do what you did. Don't you reckon it was barn to start with, no windows in the original logs? I ve got one standing in original setting of same vintage that I m either going to have to sell or move , but really don't have a good place to put it.

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Hi Clayton - Thank you sir! Thanks a wonderful thing to say! We got invited to a movie shoot somewhere in Ky towards the end of the month on a battle of sorts. Im counting on the
    Rebel boys to ride high on this one! I told the movie folks that the confederates are going to win any battles that take place on our property, just sayin!

Hi Mr Gaddie - No sir - It was the orig. cabin(for the most part.) A few of the orig. logs were just plain rotted out so we had to work some extras in. The old cabin was torn down and piled on the ground on top of a couple of railroad ties the covered with metal roofing for 4 yrs. We worked in every log possible which is why we got a couple windows to make up for logs.

Remember, its history! Try to keep it going!

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'.........

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Gents -
    It keeps getting better for my Missus'. Yesterday, she received a certified script of the movie. she told me Wednesday that she would really enjoy walking in to the make-up section and just sit down and say, "do something"! Play make-up just like a little girl at 65. Well, Looks as though she is going to get her wish. When she got her script, she got to reading it and the writer/producer
    had written in her a small part. She has 5 or 6 different lines. She is above excited... She plays a cook/kitchen help to the guy who ran against Linclon for president.
    Good for her! Now she actually get to go through the whole thing - makeup & clothes!

Me & Maggie......

CAPTNDAVIE likes this.
  5. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Wow that is fantastic. I bet she is on cloud nine!

6. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

That is fantastic Rex. I reckon the Missus deserves it after all these years. What a fun adventure for her.

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Thanks Greg -
    I kinda got a need to come back out your way and I mentioned it to my wife. She says, Are you kiddin me?? Now?? What?? with all this going on and you say Colorado is callin?
    I don't even think so she says.... Looks like if I got any customer calls, it will be on the phone cause she aint budging right now... She will however take a TealBird trip to Ms if it don't get in the way of this shooting thing at the house.. She sure is excited even when she tries not to be. She was in the cabin yesterday for a couple of hours just moving furniture around & taking out a few things she says would not have been there during the war. Funny... She went out to the burn pile and got her a quart of dry ashes to put all over her flaux fireplace and around the floor area. dang if it didn't make everything come to life. Looks just like there was a fire last night and it burned out the next morning. She sure has an eye for things like that.

Thanks Fellas!

8. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

If you do make it out this way, come hell or high water, I will not miss out on a second chance to make your acquaintance in person, be it for a hunt, a meal, a beverage or preferably, all 3.

I love that you are enjoying your wife's passion as much as she is - it speaks volumes.

9. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Thanks Bud! That's very nice and Im looking forward to it!

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'........

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All -
    My Missus' got an email last night talking about a few re-writes and date changes for this movie thing. The "HFMIC" on this project asked my Missus' if I would play a small part in it towards the end. Seems they want me to play a "southern boy" that knocks the cabin door open with guns drawn only to realize the cabins' empty. (Seems the ones in there including my Missus' escaped through a trap door into a cave.) All done with "Hollywood magic" Im told. Another actor then runs in, notices a rug over what seems to be something in the floor. He opens the door to find a shotgun wired to it and BOOM. Then the cabin blows all to heck - again, Hollywood magic.. THE END.
    I told my Missus' as long as I aint wearing blue, Im in. I'll go down with the South!

There is a whole bunch of stuff(not Stuff'...) that goes on in the background that you never see. Seems these writer folks never sleep. From the sounds of it, we're going to have 30 to 40 folks running all around everywhere.

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'.............