Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    They was plum serious about the fightin' and all. Them movie folks knocked a couple fellers heads off during the goings on. I let out a holler when I saw it and asked if they was finished with them heads, ole Marice` & Jose sure would appreciate a couple of hat hangers if they was done.. My Missus' said no, he was just kiddin, but I told the feller what was in charge that my help needed a couple of them heads. He was going to see what he could do for me.....

[​IMG]

Stevie - Them southern boys was shootin' over the trees at the Blue boys with a little "windage and elevation".. Them Yanks never knew what hit'em!

[​IMG]

This is where the gold stealing is happening.. They just trying to figure out who did what with the gold they are suppose to steal for the shoot.

[​IMG]

All down in here is where the Poison Ivy was everywhere.

B.B. - Stuff' sent a YouTube of a "proper fall-down" video he had a patent on. It was in his Series 1, Section 1, page #3...

My Missus' says she's ready for a new job and this movie business has her name written all over it.. The one with the white/blond hair seated is my Missus'.. She pretty much smiled all day.

[​IMG]

Me & The Missus'..........

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon Gents -
    We are pooped! THis weekend(and yes - opening weekend for Wood duck/Tealbird season) was the scheduled "movie shoot" for "soldiers' joy" at our home. 12 long hours ea day.
    most all they do, it seems, is hurry up and wait. It was quite interesting, but I don't see me making a career out of it. That kinda thing is for the youngsters' and I aint that. They kinda put me in the last part of it to burst in the cabin with my black sidekick name Billings' shooting up the place and then run and jump out the door hollerin' , its going to blow! Well, that's when I jumped off the porch like a 20 yr old and landed like a 66 yr old. Didn't fall and kept running but the knees sure kinda wondered what the heck are you trying to do?? My Missus' had 4 or 5 parts and she just loved it. It was a really nice thing to have a movie shot in your home and all that goes with it, but that aint me... We had several folks talk to us about other things and we just smiled and shook our heads kinda-sorta, we'll see & call later. Even if you aren't in it or doing anything but standing around, you are on call constantly.
    There is one more day(we think) towards the end of the month that they say will only take 5 or 6 hrs inside our dining room & a guest bedroom, but who knows. They change a bunch of things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me & The Missus'........

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Gonna start callin' you Hollywood if you keep it up, Mr. Rex...

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Steven -
    Well sir, I've dang sure been called worst, I'll tell ya'. We got one more weekend of this til our home gets back to normal. I'm not for sure whats in it for me, but Im pretty sure my Missus' has a thing or two before its over. One thing for sure, Im not getting an agent and pursuing this acting stuff(not Stuff'....) for a second career. Its hard work and could possibly fall right in the middle of something important. i.e. fall and winter huntin'! Besides, I aint looking for a career in anything except H.G.O.ing, which Im dang good at, if I don't mind saying so and blowing my own horn! For those who don't know what H.G.O. is, it stands for Head Goofer-Offer!

My Missus' is now saying its kinda hard on her too. They told my Missus' last week that she could have her cabin back. She spent all of yesterday putting back her old "rope-bed" back in place and all of the other things that were moved about and put up. For those who don't know anything about a rope bed or what it takes to set one up, heres the deal.
    Rope beds were used back when. You have to lace rope front to back and side to side and make it tight. This particular one uses approx. 110 ft of rope when finished.

Me, My Missus, & Maggs...