Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    They was plum serious about the fightin' and all. Them movie folks knocked a couple fellers heads off during the goings on. I let out a holler when I saw it and asked if they was finished with them heads, ole Marice` & Jose sure would appreciate a couple of hat hangers if they was done.. My Missus' said no, he was just kiddin, but I told the feller what was in charge that my help needed a couple of them heads. He was going to see what he could do for me.....

[​IMG]

Stevie - Them southern boys was shootin' over the trees at the Blue boys with a little "windage and elevation".. Them Yanks never knew what hit'em!

[​IMG]

This is where the gold stealing is happening.. They just trying to figure out who did what with the gold they are suppose to steal for the shoot.

[​IMG]

All down in here is where the Poison Ivy was everywhere.

B.B. - Stuff' sent a YouTube of a "proper fall-down" video he had a patent on. It was in his Series 1, Section 1, page #3...

My Missus' says she's ready for a new job and this movie business has her name written all over it.. The one with the white/blond hair seated is my Missus'.. She pretty much smiled all day.

[​IMG]

Me & The Missus'..........

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon Gents -
    We are pooped! THis weekend(and yes - opening weekend for Wood duck/Tealbird season) was the scheduled "movie shoot" for "soldiers' joy" at our home. 12 long hours ea day.
    most all they do, it seems, is hurry up and wait. It was quite interesting, but I don't see me making a career out of it. That kinda thing is for the youngsters' and I aint that. They kinda put me in the last part of it to burst in the cabin with my black sidekick name Billings' shooting up the place and then run and jump out the door hollerin' , its going to blow! Well, that's when I jumped off the porch like a 20 yr old and landed like a 66 yr old. Didn't fall and kept running but the knees sure kinda wondered what the heck are you trying to do?? My Missus' had 4 or 5 parts and she just loved it. It was a really nice thing to have a movie shot in your home and all that goes with it, but that aint me... We had several folks talk to us about other things and we just smiled and shook our heads kinda-sorta, we'll see & call later. Even if you aren't in it or doing anything but standing around, you are on call constantly.
    There is one more day(we think) towards the end of the month that they say will only take 5 or 6 hrs inside our dining room & a guest bedroom, but who knows. They change a bunch of things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me & The Missus'........

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Gonna start callin' you Hollywood if you keep it up, Mr. Rex...

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Steven -
    Well sir, I've dang sure been called worst, I'll tell ya'. We got one more weekend of this til our home gets back to normal. I'm not for sure whats in it for me, but Im pretty sure my Missus' has a thing or two before its over. One thing for sure, Im not getting an agent and pursuing this acting stuff(not Stuff'....) for a second career. Its hard work and could possibly fall right in the middle of something important. i.e. fall and winter huntin'! Besides, I aint looking for a career in anything except H.G.O.ing, which Im dang good at, if I don't mind saying so and blowing my own horn! For those who don't know what H.G.O. is, it stands for Head Goofer-Offer!

My Missus' is now saying its kinda hard on her too. They told my Missus' last week that she could have her cabin back. She spent all of yesterday putting back her old "rope-bed" back in place and all of the other things that were moved about and put up. For those who don't know anything about a rope bed or what it takes to set one up, heres the deal.
    Rope beds were used back when. You have to lace rope front to back and side to side and make it tight. This particular one uses approx. 110 ft of rope when finished.

Me, My Missus, & Maggs...

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon Gents!
    Its a "wrap" as they say in the Biz.. At least for us anyways. It sure feels good to have home back for both of us including our Maggs... All of those smells were driving her crazy.
    Everyone could not have been any nicer and complementary to us and they sure cleaned up after themselves although it wasn't much to clean up beings everyone pitched in all day taking care of themselves. We got 5 bathrooms on the compound and they used only one on purpose. To keep from messing anything up. The HMFIC's says it was a joy to film here and they should get everything wrapped up and ready to premier by the end on the year, hopefully. Only thing left is the "wrap party" and the opening somewhere. 3 different folks came up to my Missus' and told her she had a lot of promise and she should get an agent and here is ones name.. I haven't seen my wife smile so much as she has since the 1st of August. She is sure enough whipped though.
    I said for someone who wasn't supposed to touch a thing, you sure have touched most everything on and in our home about 12 times.

This was the last day. Miss Tish is standing with the ladies, witches to be exact.

[​IMG]

This lady is one of the nicest person I have ever met & reminded me a bunch of my mom. Her name is Miss Jose. Her acting career spands a bunch of years and she wouldn't tell me how long but she did stay that John Wayne wasn't much of a kisser... She has been in several big name movies through the years, both screen and on TV. Dr. Kildare's nurse was one of her roles.
    The last big thing, if you can call it big was on "Nashville". She was one of the actors mother in a nursing home and she was real cranky. I got to spend abvout 2 hrs with her sitting on a porch swing. I learned a bunch!

[​IMG]

This is my buddy "Billings". He was going in to tell some secret to Miss Lila..

[​IMG]

There sure was a bunch of activity in this one room on Saturday and my wife was involved in it all from start to finish. This time she got to be behind the scenes. She said she really liked that too. All in all, its been a wonderful experience and we feel so good to have had this experience. Two years ago, by chance and a random picture seen on facebook or something to someone that copied, a lady from Mass. contacted us and wanted to put our home in one of her books, and did. A whole chapter. Then, two fellas driving down the road and noticed the little compound with the wagon, cabin , & old cedar pole barn sitting off the road and said, That's it! the one we been looking for! BAM.. now our home is in a civil war movie.

I have no idea whats next, but life has sure been good to us at 65 & 66 yrs old! The Lord is sure watching over us & I thank him for it too!

Me, My Missus', & Maggs.......

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. stevena198301

Sounds like y'all have had quite the adventure, Mr. Rex. :tu

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon all -
    We sure are glad this movie stuff(not Stuff'.....) is over with for us. The writer/director contacted us yesterday to say that he should have everything completed, including the music added(scored as they say in the biz..) and all ready to put out to the public for viewing is some kind of form or fashion. THey are supposed to have a big party somewhere & he said we were invited and expected to show up as part of all this. I reckon cause they used our home. Anyway, very nice people but Im not thinking we would do it again, especially inside our home. We did have a call about some video sometime and someone would be getting with us at a later date. We'll see....

Im ready to get down to what I know a little something about. Duck huntin' and all that goes with it.

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'............

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Recon you gonna hafta get your formal overhauls warshed and pressed. Maybe a dab 'o polish in the brogans.

9. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Stevie -
    Ya'll aint going to believe this... Yesterday morning, my Missus' gets a call from a lady in the "primitive antique business". Seems there is a magazine called country something or other out of Mass. that wants to do a lay-out of our home in their magazine. Seems someone my wife knows or met knows these folks up north looking for something to put in it early next year. See suggested our home..
    Wow... whats next??

Looks like we are going to have to keep the Maggie hair swept up for the next several months now. Looks like a bath for Maggs after duck season with be in order also.

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'.........

10. stevena198301

Dang Mr. Rex! Y'all walkin in high cotton these days! Movie stars, professional photo shoots, dog baths. You aren't gonna start washing your hunting clothes or anything, are you?