Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    My Missus' is wanting this project finished now. She has plans for it and it aint sitting in the yard looking at an unfinished project.

[​IMG]

2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon All -
    We finally got started back on the Missus's cabin. The fellas are cutting 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's & putting them in between the logs as a filler before they start chinking. They are also cutting in the windows and the doors. They said that the most of it will be done by this weekend.
    We sure are looking forward to it!

[​IMG]

more pixs to follow..

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'.......

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

The "Anderson Cabin" as my Missus calls her cabin now is taking shape. The windows and door is framed in and the chinking should start tomorrow
    afternoon... Rain expected in the a.m....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is getting excited now! Me too for that matter!

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'.......

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Gents '
    The work is really coming along on the Missus's cabin. The fellas are now beginning to chink the logs. This is the worst side so they are going over this side twice. The Missus' is going to have a log cabin court yard of sorts. she is excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'........

5. TUGREENHEADHUNTER

TUGREENHEADHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

I have really enjoyed this thread. I would be excited about it too.

6. Clayton

Clayton Elite Refuge Member

Really coming along nicely.:tu

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Thank you Gents -
    The fellas just pulled up this morning to finish up the outside and start chinking the inside. The Missus' ought to have her windows and door put in also. We have had a bunch of road traffic pulling up and asking questions about it. One guy says, Mister... how much you get for one of those???
    Where did you cut those logs? Is it for rent?? Wheres the bathroom??
    Bunches of questions... The biggest question of all is, "what the heck are you going to do with it??? Answer, We got no idea as yet! Its just an out building.

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'.....

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning all -
    We worked on the cabin all day yesterday and got a bunch done. The windows are now in, the "birds boards" cut and installed, and the apron on the front porch is put up. It sure is taking shape. The door gets put up today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got the door up. The door came out of a very old home in Gallatin, Tn. It was from the late 1800's. Its got about 20 coats of paint on it. not sure about the color right now or what the Missus' will do with it but its got an old door anyway.

[​IMG]

After we finish chinking on the inside, we will put down the floor. I found a local saw mill that's going to hold us some rough sawed 1 x wide(random width) Popular for the flooring. Im also going to get a couple bundles of slabs to spruce up the area.

Its beginning to really have that "look" now.. a bunch of neighbors and passer bys are stopping and giving us a thumbs up on the project. Its amazing how many folks notice what you're doing...

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'.........

9. Whamo1958

Whamo1958 New Member

I just ran across this forum because I was looking for information about old log cabins. I live in west tn. and am in the process of tearing down and relocating an 1800's dogtrot log cabin. I was wondering if you guys went onto this with info on restoring your cabin or just went into it blindly like I am doing. any info you can share would greatly help. Thanks

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Blind leading the blind. I did find a person that knew EXACTLY what to do and how to go about it. It was well worth the money for the knowledge.

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'......