The NRA is bigger than Wayne LaPierre

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by The Other David, May 11, 2019.

1. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

gdluck, as a union member and democrat living in the cesspool of your own creation, I would not find it funny. I don't, I find your situation sad.

Of course, you might be one of the elite in Detroit, living in a gated community and living the high life, watching the peasants suffer. In which case I still find it sad.

bucky, why would you vote for a person who says he(or she)wants to take your guns away because you "don't think they will be able to do it"? What if enough idiots voted those people in to power and suddenly "they were able to do it"?

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

As to the President does not have the power to take your guns, if the whole bump stock ban stands in court we have precedent that he can, in fact he can do whatever he choose to at that point as precedent has been shown.

As to Obama, perhaps you forget the fast and furious gun scandal where his administration was running guns to the cartels, lots of death there, lots of horror put upon people down there by his actions, it was a stepping stone for further control, this blew up and landed in his lap and of course nothing happened to him on this, Mexican lives don't matter to some I guess.

The President of the United States earns around $400,000.00 a year, why does Wayne get more, the left does not have to bring down the NRA, it will bring itself down, money matters, how it is spent matters, how it is wasted matters in the public eye, I see waste.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

We can agree on the NRA wasting money. Last I looked at their financials they were sitting at -$31 million in net assets.

4. wvlippo

wvlippo Senior Refuge Member

Show me a political party or major company that doesn't waste money or isn't greedy?

What does the top lobbyist for big tobacco, google, big pharma make???

Who spent the most and did the most to get the current president in office?

What other non-profit can pick up the phone and call the president or close to half of politicians any and every day of the week if they want?

You have to realize the scope of the arena that this all goes down in. A million dollars is a drop in the bucket, do I like it no but its the reality and the evils that will always exist. You may not donate or support the NRA but please don't bash it. The media is doing all of this to get us to do exactly what is going on in this thread, gun owners hating each other. In a year or so if Trump loses and the new folks in charge decide you shouldn't own an AR or semi-auto shotgun or etc... I'm sure many will be hoping the NRA helps them out.

OneShotBandit and widgeon like this.
  5. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

The media is doing this? No the NRA is doing this to theirselves.

6. Matagorda Bound

Matagorda Bound Senior Refuge Member

7. Matagorda Bound

Matagorda Bound Senior Refuge Member

Maybe you could look up who fought for the Heller decision.

That is the most significant 2nd Amendment victory in over 100 years and the NRA had nothing to do with it.

Educate yourself.

tcc likes this.
  8. wvlippo

wvlippo Senior Refuge Member

Where is all this information everyone is arguing over coming from? who is putting it out there? who benefits from it?

OneShotBandit and widgeon like this.
  9. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

Matagorda, are you saying that you oppose Trump and are voting democrat?

bucky, why would you vote for someone because "you don't think they can take your guns away"? In one breath you are freaking out because you don't like bump stocks being banned and you are flipping out because the NRA is not aggressive enough for you. The next breath you excuse the democrats because "you don't think they can take your guns away".You scream bloody murder that Trump "banned bump stocks" and then say "the president doesn't have the power to ban anything".

I don't understand your thinking.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Depends on how big the bucket is...
    For example, the top executive for the largest tobacco lobbying group makes about $10 million/year in total compensation (which does not include expenses covered by his employer), but the entity that he works for receives $25.5 billion in revenue each year (0.4% of the "bucket"). Wayne LaPierre makes $5.1 million in total compensation (not including his "expenses" that are paid for by the NRA) annually and the NRA brings in about $300 million in total revenue (about 1.8% of the "bucket"). In other words, if you are going to compare apples to apples, Wayne LaPierre makes almost 5 times as much as the top tobacco lobbying group CEO makes.

buck_master_2001 likes this.