Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

The raising cost of motorboating Virginia ?

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by LEWDOG, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:30 AM.

1. LEWDOG

LEWDOG Elite Refuge Member

What's the funny part of my boats is only one of them was bought by me the other 47 were given to me just for asking for them . 18 of those are human powered 29 of them are here on my property the rest are scattered throughout the county and maybe half of those are unlicensed stationary blinds on locations .

:nutz LD :yes

2. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

All you need is a marina license and you'll be good to go!

3. Duckrussml

Duckrussml Senior Refuge Member

The Sanford & Son of Boats!!!!

4. LEWDOG

LEWDOG Elite Refuge Member

My Hobby of building duck blinds got me collecting these retried boats . Once we adopted our son and daughter going out in a marsh building blinds wasn't something I could do being I was a stay at home dad . Tri- Hull boats were a dime a dozen here in the county people would get a Vee-Hull for the smooth ride and would leave the Tri-Hull on there trailer out in the back yard . It wouldn't be long that leaves falling into them would plug the drain holes and rainwater would fill the boat whiCH would rot the inter hull while raising a crop of skeeters. I would come by and ask about the boat and within a few minutes hooking up to the trailer heading home with a freebie . 6 sheets of plywood 12 8x2x4 a box of screws and some days of work I would have a fixed blind ready for the hunt . Without no doubt I can truly tell y'all I have built ,camouflage , and hunted more blinds then anyone else .
    No brag just fact .

:reader LD :cool:

The Other David likes this.
  5. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Gasoline for road use is taxed at both the state and federal level. I don't think that gas at marinas is taxed by either. Yet gasoline at any marina I have used is much more expensive than gas at stations.

I would be willing to voluntarily pay a fuel tax to go into a state fund to support boating. How much per gallon? We can talk about it.

6. The Hilljack

The Hilljack Elite Refuge Member

The taxes should only apply to wakeboats, jetskis and anything driven by someone wearing white oakleys and an Affliction shirt.