This season for waterfowl - how did you do?

Discussion in 'New Jersey Flyway Forum' started by Peter Goodman, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Peter Goodman

Peter Goodman Refuge Member

With the discussion from Chesapeake about birds (geese and ducks) not being driven south by the odd weather pattern (and understand I was not out this year due to an accident in September that has me still using a cane...), was the hunting better in Jersey (or NY for that matter)? Birds got to be somewhere, and if patterns are changing, once I can hunt again wouldn't mind knowing where to go. And yeah, I know the birds go where the birds go...

2. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

Hunted both MD and Jersey (Coastal and South) this year. One thing I can tell you is all the grass is returning to the Northern Chesapeake. Cannot believe how soon we started shooting Bills and Cans and they have hung around (thousands and thousands) since early NOV. When I go chase them on the Salt in Jersey (Barnegat Bay) they seem very few and far between.

3. Peter Goodman

Peter Goodman Refuge Member

Great news on the grass in the Bay. Have always wanted to shoot cans and has been some time since I heard "thousands". Next year when I can stand without crutches...

4. Coastal ducker

Coastal ducker New Member

I hunted a lot in Coastal NJ this year. Limited on Brant every day. Puddle ducks seemed to be in the meadows but avoided open water. No where near normal numbers.