Time for New Tires

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by 10gaBBB, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Norcal Ducker

Norcal Ducker New Member

KO2's you can't go wrong. I've put 25,000 into mine and they are still riding well

2. Boomerzuma

Boomerzuma Senior Refuge Member

Hard to beat BFG ATs! I have 75,000 miles on a set of BFG AT KO2s! They're down to 4/32nds so I'll be tire shopping soon. It's the 5th set of BFG ATs I've owned and they've been the best set by far. I do rotate every 10K miles.

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

I wouldnt put BF Goodrich tires on my truck if you gave them to me.
    I have 85,000 on my Coopers and they still have plenty left. I do rotate them religiously and check the air pressure a lot.

4. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

This is a pretty good site for comparing tires: https://www.tirerack.com

A lot of reviews and user ratings on most any tire.

5. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I believe you but I don't think 75K is a reasonable expectation on this tire. My KO2's on my f150 have 46K on them, have been rotated at least every 10K and are shot. I didn't take my truck to duck camp last time I went cause I didn't want to run those gravel roads on those tires. I am not unhappy with them. They've been fine.

I think I'm going falken wildpeak at's this time. Hearing good things about them.

6. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

Every tire choice is a trade off-the BFG's are good off road, but, from what I've read , not so good for stopping on pavement that is wet, dry or icy. I 've had AT3s for four years-good for icy or wet pavement with good stopping power which is important to me b/c I drive a country highway to and from duck hunting. However, the AT3s are not as goo as the BFG's and others off road. Nevertheless, they have got me through thick snow and deep mud where I hunt. Your choice just depends on you priorities.

7. Bay_Dog

Bay_Dog Elite Refuge Member

Falken Wildpeak AT3 ... best tires I've ever had on a truck. Excellent traction in the snow, and on wet roads. Quiet on the highway and did excellent on the old mining roads, trails and passes in the back country of Colorado and New Mexico. Significantly cheaper than the KO2's at the size I bought ... 265/70/17

8. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Hercules Terra Trac at2.

I can't do Nitto or Toyo anymore after working for them. All the profits go back to Japan. I don't know where Hercules are made but anywhere is better than by the godless company toyo.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

This is what you need for on and offroad use:

10. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

I got over 125,000 miles on a set of bfg rugged trail tires. The second set I got around 80,000 miles but will need new ones next month for inspection. Pretty good tire in my opinion.