Timely Rains

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by TooTall, Oct 7, 2018.

1. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

too much too fast for you boys up north!!!! typical MO weather They are cutting levees S of Chillicothe right now to release pressure, all eveyrones ducks food will be ruined now! Plus early season work will have to be re-done Glad we have only gotten about 4" total since last Friday, it keeps splitting us aroud Marshall area

2. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

3. HJP12

HJP12 Refuge Member

We were about a foot from ideal hunting level at our place. Now about 5' over that. Very unfortunate timing, smartweed was looking killer

4. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Elite Refuge Member

We're under floodwaters with current pushing through. Probably loosing some duck food, but all the smartweed in the world isn't much good without water.

cam likes this.
  5. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

This is water behind our levee as of yesterday..............where it is NOT supposed to be. We are still trying to drain our place to replace the culvert tube that has rotted away and resulted in us losing our free water twice. What a cluster. The river is so high it is just like a bathtub and not allowing us to drain out so we can get the work down. Praying for it to get down fast so our dirt man can get in and get the dike cut/culvert replaced so we can start filling again soon for the upcoming Missouri North Zone (we are in NW Missouri). My partner was down last night and said there are lots of birds buzzing around. Makes me ill having to drop the free water out. The only good news is the ground is saturated so should not take long to pump back up once the repair has been made. We received over 6" Sat-Tue. Crazy year...........from drought to this!!!

Good luck

upload_2018-10-11_12-0-27.png

WHUP ! Hen and Truman like this.
  6. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Without this rain our season would be a bust, we are pooping in tall cotton now.

TooTall, cam and Timber Hole like this.
  7. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

64B83F17-26DE-4302-9B70-8FBCC83CB59D.jpeg C9E982BF-A34A-45A7-8558-EFFC3A532BD2.jpeg Beginning to end...

8. Truman

Truman Refuge Member

Is south lake at Swan under water as well? I saw on FB that the refuge is pretty much closed.