Trade dog training help for diver hunting tips

Discussion in 'New Jersey Flyway Forum' started by Francis Rubino, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Francis Rubino

Francis Rubino New Member

Have a 14ft TDB and hunt south jersey for puddlers and geese but want to get into divers. If anyone is willing to share some information I can trade some goose hunting from a pit or help with dog training.

2. bubblehead

bubblehead New Member

I don't have any interest in goose hunting and I don't have a dog but I'm more than willing to help out a fellow hunter. What kind of help are you looking for?

3. Francis Rubino

Francis Rubino New Member

I appreciate that. Well I don't really know the first thing about diver hunting. Just never did it. Went with a buddy a few times but that was it. I don't know if there are certain tides that are better for example.

4. bubblehead

bubblehead New Member

In my experience diver ducks are going to move all day and prefer different places on different tides. They will feed on the incoming or outgoing tide but prefer certain places on higher tides and others on lower tides. Find some spots and watch the birds and at which tide they hang out at that area. There may be a time during the mid day when they will just loaf out in the middle and sleep but they will move again to feed in the afternoon

5. Baymaster2

Baymaster2 New Member

Frank, I believe we met at training session in Pittsgrove area. I have a choc lab a couple months younger then yours, if you're the same guy I remember. Divers, I can help. Message or email me.