Tree blinds

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by JuvieCoot, Oct 24, 2018.

1. pumpgunner

pumpgunner Elite Refuge Member

No.

More like this. This is how you get two of the more common trees in the valley to grow

http://phytosphere.com/willowsandcottonwoods/willowcottonwood.htm

2. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

The tree blinds are a novel thought and do give a group a place to hide, I understand that. They are much bigger than they need be and simply creating AP's may have created a better hunting situation.

callinfowl likes this.
  3. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I’m not trying to bash anyone on here for helping for sure. Wanted opinions on them also. I stated mine, better cover then the beat up tules for sure but some willow plantings would be nicer in the long run.

4. JuvieCoot

I’m not trying to bash anyone on here for helping for sure. Wanted opinions on them also. I stated mine, better cover then the beat up tules for sure but some willow plantings would be nicer in the long run.

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

That would be great, if that is what they did. But they don't and even if they did young trees need water.
    And if there was water you wouldn't need the trees because there would be tule growth like there used to be.
    Whoever is making these habitat decisions should be fired then shot.
    Because they sold out to the anti hunting groups. It's pretty damn obvious, that they aren't creating more habitat in the hunt areas of most refuges. Which are closed zones 9 months out of the year and 4 days a week the other 3 months of the year. It's complete B.S.
    They don't want people hunting in CA it's as simple as that.
    Fire them all and let nature take over for a few years, with a few food ups and draw downs, our refuges would look like they did in the 70's and 80's when they actually tried to make the hunting better not worse.

green with ring likes this.
  6. JuvieCoot

Colusa refuge manager just retired. Hopefully the new one is as good at growing cocklebur

freefall and callinfowl like this.
  7. James707

James707 Senior Refuge Member

I like the concept of the tree blinds, and it was comfortable. But on a bluebird day the birds were avoiding it big time. Worse than most the bare island pits... plant some tules around it and use the blind to prevent people from stomping all the tules down in the first few weeks of season and it would be awesome

freefall and callinfowl like this.
  8. callinfowl

The cocklebur seed bank ripe with cockle seed it could be an epic year of bur productivity.
    That place is a shell of what it was just 10 yrs ago. I feel sorry for the guys that never got to see it in it's prime. It was an amazing place!!!

DWarcher likes this.
  9. callinfowl

The cocklebur seed bank ripe with cockle seed it could be an epic year of bur productivity.
    That place is a shell of what it was just 10 yrs ago. I feel sorry for the guys that never got to see it in it's prime. It was an amazing place!!!

10. callinfowl