Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Truck bed storage box

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by RTIC, May 10, 2019.

1. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone use a good weatherproof truck bed storage box? Im looking for something locakable to hold my tow rope, jump box, sockets ratchets etc etc. Not wanting a full width tool box since i will have a trifold cover on it.

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I have a UWS and I have had it for 6-7 years. I use it the same way, under a roll top bed cover.

I typically have it out and in the driveway during warmer months. Been great for 6 years so far

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

We hunted rural ND a few years ago and was told the only stealing out of trucks, garages etc was druggies passing by, never the locals who grew up together for generations.

5. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

Look at a box that will fit over the wheel well.

6. RTIC

I looked at the tip out tool boxes that fit behind and over the wheel well but wasnt to wild about drilling into the bed for the brackets.

7. RTIC

I think i might go with an old coleman cooler after some pricing. Its water proof and big enough to store everything. The bed has a cover so it will be out of sight.

8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Have used a full length weather guard brand that has held up for years.

I don't know how well any of them would hold up to a big crow bar if someone really wants in to see if there is anything worth stealing.

9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Coolers aren’t necessarily waterproof. We did a long road trip to Wisconsin one year to goose hunt. 16 hour trip if I remember right. Rained hard half of the way. Had a cooler on a hitch platform and when we opened it, it had about 3 inches of rain water in it. Luuckily what got soaked didnt matter and my shells were in ammo boxes.