Trump and North Korea Summit; good or bad?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Squaller, Jun 12, 2018.

1. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Then how long of a period is required to have passed before they can be officially considered to have "stopped?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_tests

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_North_Korea

As Shapiro points out they have promised many times to play nice with the other kids on the playground. Fact is they have started and stopped doing so many times over the years. What we have so far is another piece of paper and another promise. It's much too soon to determine what will become of this latest signing.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  2. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Keep an eye on digging new/old tunnels/caves.

3. The_Duck_Master

I guess I should have also asked the definition of "stopped." Does it mean they can do everything except hit the little red button? I wonder if that is still "stopped?"

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If the search function is working again, go back and look at my posts regarding NK since I’ve been on this forum. I’m fully aware of NKs modus operandi. I’ve also been critical (maybe skeptical is a better word) of this deal. That kid was brought up taught how to come to the table only long enough to get what he wants. And he was let get away with it, just like his father. And now, here we are... a nuclear capable (albeit not great, in many aspects) NK. I’m actually surprised the meeting happened in the first place. But since it did, I’m taking this step in the right direction as a good thing. I don’t think Kim walks away this time. He may, but he’d be a fool to. He has way more to lose walking away. As for aide, I say humanitarian only, AFTER nukes are gone. No pallets of cash. No continual funding year after year. Just food. He can negotiate with the other countries and rebuild his own damn country and economy.

I think the two talked about some stuff we don’t yet know, and I think Kim feels in a pickle. He literally has the chance to do what’s right for his people, and stop being hated by the world.

Yes, Kim’s a turd sammich. Yes, he should have been shot when he stepped off the plane in Singapore. But I see no other real path to ending that conflict and denuking the area.

Michael and The_Duck_Master like this.
  5. The_Duck_Master

My reply was only to you because you answered my question directed at 3Inch. It's much too early to consider anything changed because of Trump or a signed piece of paper. I hope BHG decides he'd rather have golf resorts than nukes in NK, too.

6. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

Anybody who says this is anything but a positive thing is either being disingenuous, obtuse or just plain ignorant.

Of course nothing has happened yet, the two countries had a historic, but half day meeting- " my god!, Trump gave away everything!!"... he didn't give away anything, he signed the same paper Un signed and it means nothing unless actions are taken and he and his administration have stated that many times.

Of course , they are both touting its success, because it was a success, first time in history of something like that. This was the public meeting, we have no idea what is happening in private meetings: we didn't even know Pompeo visited Killed m till after the meeting.

Of course Trump is bragging it up, he's Trump, yet he has still worked with others to get us closer than anybody in history has done- but lets armchair quarterback, after the fact and after a HALF DAY meeting.

Of course we don't trust Kim and he is a tyrant, but that is for his country and government to deal with: we have working relations with many countries who we disagree with on social structures, not our job to tell others how to run their country, how did that work out in Iraq? I am more concerned with the threat of nuclear annihilation, we cans help guide by example on the rest of it in the future.

This was a good thing, no matter how you look at it, as has been stated many times by Trump and his minions, it's a start.

My goodness...

OneShotBandit and widgeon like this.
  7. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Funny, you could say the same thing about anyone from the right on here during the last presidency.....

8. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't stop those on here from praising their new messiah Trump.......

9. The_Duck_Master

NK has been asking for a meeting with our president for decades to give them credibility. It's much too early to determine if this was a positive thing or a photo op.

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Ignoring the details, apples could also be oranges.