Useful light ideas on a duck boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jangle, Jan 18, 2018.

1. jangle

jangle Senior Refuge Member

I just wanted to start a thread for everyone to show off their lights mounted to their boat/motor. i know most guys have them mounted to the bow, but I'm sure there are guys out there that have mounted them other places for different reasons. I have one on the bow and i also mounted a cube light to the back of my motor. this light is very handy when putting out long lines or running in shallows. post up a picture of your boats showing the different mounts and how you use your lights!

bow light.jpg motor light.jpg

2. dogditcher

dogditcher Senior Refuge Member

Light bar and Go-Light mounted on Minnkota quick release bracket with remote switch

IMG_8303.JPG
    IMG_8306.JPG

Wtm89 and stevena198301 like this.
  3. jangle

4. awaldro7

awaldro7 New Member

above.jpg
    I have a few lights on my boat. 400,000 lumens of HPS to be exact! haha.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Saw a dude at a boat ramp last year in AR with two of the small ones like you have on the back of his boat. He used them at the ramp to help him see when he launched by himself, and said he also uses them for putting out decoys. I thought it was pretty nice and helpful looking, when I watched him launch. Personally (and I'm not knocking anyone else), I just use a spotlight for boat movement, and a headlamp for once I get where I'm going to set up. I don't like lighting up the whole woods and possibly pissing off my neighbor in the next hole over early of a morning. Those LEDs blind me to no end, with my astigmatisms.

6. cjr

cjr New Member

I like that light on your outboard! How is it powered?

7. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

This is a stock photo, but I have a prodigy with the same set up with the lights on the rear steps. I normally just use them for backing up the boat at the unlighted ramps in my area. I forgot to turn them off once and the kid thought the rooster tail glowing in the light looked pretty cool at 4 in the morning. :)

26166317_757983491060199_2649905463527299974_n.jpg

take'm and stevena198301 like this.
  8. jangle

I mounted a toggle switch on the motor and ran power wires out to a battery. I got bored on day and started tinkering lol.

cjr likes this.
  9. Blake Johnson

Blake Johnson New Member

I’ve been thinking of putting an led flood on a tall rear nav light pole to power it up. I like the idea of getting the light up higher for putting out decoys and then be able to remove it when done. Has anyone done this before? If so any help would be appreciated.

10. awaldro7

awaldro7 New Member

overhead light.jpg
    I had an overhead light on my old bowfishing boat that I used sometimes. I used a piece of EMT that fit down into a seat base that was mounted on the boat, then I bolted the piece of EMT into a 10' piece of PVC. I mounted a lamp socket at the top of the pvc and screwed in the bulb. I had the cable run inside of the pvc. This ran off of my generator but you could easily mount a 12v led up there and do the same thing. It was handy because you could slide it out of the seat base and lay it down on the side of the boat in a matter of seconds.