Waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Jun 29, 2018.

1. bluejack

bluejack New Member

I did it. Guess I bought in to advertisement but they spoke directly to me as I am tired of the crap waders. Haven't hunted them yet but did try them on and they are pretty amazing as far as comfort and fit. I'm 5'10" and 190 and I got the Large, Short, size 10. Literally like a tailored fit.

I really hope I don't regret it but I have spent about 1k on waders (in an attempt to get "the best"....obviously failed) in the last 4 years so if the sitkas last 4 years It'll be the same expense. If they last more than that I'm doing better. I spoke to sitka and they said about 40-60 bucks return cost for a leaky seam or pin hole but they do include a fairly nice patch kit in the box to keep you going during season and they said they'd be there for technical support. The boots can be completely replaced, as can complete panels of the waders if needed. Not sure what those repairs cost. We will see.

Already planning my responses....."Hey, my 870 shoots as good as your benelli so don't judge me on dropping the coin to keep my nuts dry!"

2. MTtracker89

MTtracker89 Refuge Member

Scratch that. Even though they're leaking in two spots on a seam, they've somehow deemed that I punctured the inside liner of the wader without puncturing the protective canvas outer layer and they're not covered under warranty. Seems like my week old, $650 waders, just became a garage decoration.

freefall likes this.
  3. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

Wow! Did you send them in?

4. MTtracker89

MTtracker89 Refuge Member

Yep, they said upon inspection the leak was due to a puncture that is not covered by the warranty. I guarantee there wasn't a puncture as it was leaking on a seam and nothing visible from inside or out. Nice to see Avery standing behind their product. I'm starting to rethink my opinion on the price of Sitka, at least they'll back theirs up.

5. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. bluejack

bluejack New Member

That's is absolute BS MTtracker. Sorry to hear.

7. cast&blast

cast&blast Elite Refuge Member

That’s BS. I wouldn’t give up. Keep going higher up the chain until you get satisfaction.

8. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Wish you guys could decide on good waders, mine are leaking in the boots badly.

9. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

LL Bean breathables have been real solid for me this season. There are a few things I would change about the design but they have not leaked a drop yet and I hunt a lot.

10. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Simms you guys have poor reading comprehension.