Waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Jun 29, 2018.

1. duckman54

duckman54 Senior Refuge Member

Started researching for a new pair of waders after I noticed mine leaking around the crotch after
    putting out dekes the other day. Seems like you'll find reviews on most brands of waders leaking
    right out of the box while some say they are great.

After reading this thread I looked up the Sitka and Simms, Holy Cow! I've never seen any wader's
    that were 8 or 900. I'm not that hard on waders as usually just walking through flooded soybeans
    or corn and usually two years is about max before a leak. I've got the Cabelas breathable now
    and this would have been the start of the 3rd year. Man is it hard to buy a pair you have confidence
    in nowadays.

2. meb

meb Senior Refuge Member

I only purchase cabelas neoprene waders because they seem to be only brand I can find with a tall size. My son and I are 6’ 3” and non-tall waders pull on my shoulders and kill my back. I also like the additional depth capability. 5 mm are great for our cold weather. They seem to last 4/5 seasons but we are very rough on waders.

3. SANJUANGLENN

SANJUANGLENN Elite Refuge Member

Just bought some wades from LL BEAN 20% OFF FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS LEFT