waterproofing

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by J-Duck, Jan 24, 2019.

1. J-Duck

J-Duck Elite Refuge Member

ok my Bone Dry rain pants are starting to leak after 4th season can I retreat them?If so what is the best stuff to waterproof them?

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

afmoto likes this.
  3. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

I tried the Nicwax for the first time a couple of weeks ago because I saw it on a post here! That stuff works! It saved a coat that I was ready to throw away and now its as waterproof as when I first purchased it.

4. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Yep. I use it.

afmoto likes this.
  5. lilly

lilly Senior Refuge Member

that's the best.:tu

6. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Only products to use . Excellent results

7. J-Duck

thanks fellas I will order some now

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I have posted on this often, and others have tried this product and also approved.
    [​IMG]
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQJEFCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is an upgrade to their earlier product, which comes with an orange label, and does not require putting in a dryer to set the waterproofing. This can simply be applied and let dry.

As an added note, I just ordered a new gallon (old one lasted 2 years) and they sent me the older, cheaper, product. In waiting to return, I was searching for another seller to re-order from. I found this product.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY4RE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    [​IMG]

The reviews on Amazon were very good, so I decided to give it a try. I used it on my nylon pullover I wear while working around the house as a top layer. It is not waterproof, just nylon. I sprayed it totally and set it to dry. The next day, I put it on and stuck my arm under the tap. Water rolled off like on a plastic sheet. Zero penetration by the water.

When I sprayed the pullover, I also sprayed 2 sheets of paper towel (I heard about this test on the net) I also let that dry 1 day. I put it in my hand, made a cup shape, and put it under the tap. Again, all the water poured off, no penetration. I figure if it can make a paper towel waterproof, it is pretty good stuff.

The reason I am also recommending the StarBrite is because it is about $13 less per gallon than the Extreme. One gallon lasts a long time. I spray everything I wear outside, since you can't trust MT weather.

While I have not personally used the Nikwax, it also gets good reviews, so that is a good product also. Just check prices. I would bet (have not checked) these others will do the same thing, a little cheaper. (I kinda thing they are all the same stuff)

JRS likes this.
  9. delta greenheads

delta greenheads Elite Refuge Member

Why would u need to waterproof u never go hunting

Jim Dandy likes this.
  10. J-Duck

lol probly more then you cupcake