Weinstein's Women to Blame as Well

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Oct 11, 2017.

1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Where is Bill Clinton? Is he in hiding? Has he made a statement yet? After all Harvey Weinstein raised bucket of money for his campaigns in the 90s...

His silence is defening!

API likes this.
  2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Snitching on Weinstein had its downsides - you could be blackballed from Hollywood.

So they stayed silent - and worked for him - and got paid - then when it was finally safe they came out.

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Is there any value judgment issue where consequences are not a concern?

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I had a close friend who was raped in college by a black man.

Her mother told her not to say anything because it would make the girl the equivalent of having slept with a black man and in Southern gentile society of 40 years ago, again East Texas, that would have ruined her chances of finding a man of the white gentleman class.

The girl told me because I knew her on a different level than most. I was related to her.

5. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

I don't know, how do you know that the victims knew that Weinstein was doing this to other women, most probably felt like they were the only one, given that until recently no one came forward with allegations, how would they have known it wasn't "just them"?

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I wonder how many of us would come forward after being sexually assaulted as men?

As a man, I cannot even begin to identify with such an act, or how I would respond to such.

But, I have known and associated both personally and professionally with women that have been raped and/or abused. A couple in particular were strong women of high moral character, and they never went publicly forward with that information.
    • Fear of ruining their own reputation.
    • Fear of not being believed.
    • Fear of embarrassment.
    • Fear of reprisal (legal or physical).
    • Shame.
    I cannot stand Judd, or her politics, but I would not hold it against her that she did not come forward with this earlier...

Having worked in the field for a short period, it was my impression that rape was one of the most under-prosecuted, and over-prosecuted crimes there is. Women, and even children (especially in the system), are not afraid to use the threat of alleged sexual assault to their favor. This and the fact that all too often, rape is a crime of "he said... She said..." makes it even more difficult to come forward and to prosecute.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Maybe he's been out buying a box truck of Churchill cigars after he told Harvey..."Say brother...since you're not going to be needing that black book anymore..." :joker

pintail2222 likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Doing what?

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

This thread needs to be moved to the grocery checkout magazine stand under

"My Mother was an Alien from Mars."
    section.

JEEZUS!!! What's the next thread...complaining Monica wore a pearl necklace before six in the evening?

Anybody that has posted on this thread burn your man card. :doh

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 7:39 AM
  10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

In a purely stand alone situation, that's understandable. However, juxtaposed to Judd's vile attack upon Trump prior to the Weinstein revelations that timing (to me) wipes out her credibility. Maybe her attack on Trump was acting out her anger at Weistein, but considering how that was exploited in the media and the totality of the circumstances... Judd loses credibility. IMHO.