Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Went with Popup over Beavertail Blind

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Duckrussml, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

You can tell that duck seasons getting close...natives are getting restless! Don't worry guys, next Wednesday will be sunny, hot and no wind...perfect!

Deadrise likes this.
  2. Cascade Hunter

Cascade Hunter Elite Refuge Member

About 2 miles from Viola, OR (pop 23 people)
    That's a good one, TOV. Ole George (Dr. J) has been dead for about 25 years.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

yeah....I noticed that too.

4. nickp9797

nickp9797 Senior Refuge Member

It is an internet forum. It is for entertainment. You bragging about everything makes you an easy target. No one cares that you bought a new boat or what new blind you got. People come here for entertainment to help pass the workday. Its not personal.

5. Duckrussml

Duckrussml Senior Refuge Member

Oh must be the ones not getting laid day or night then and the ones with a Dam as a wife... Excuse me!!!!

6. imaduckin up north

imaduckin up north Senior Refuge Member

!!!

Attached Files:

7. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

Your just a tool! Is the easiest way to say it . Didn't you used to be in Del Bay? Your one of those people that likes to talk about yourself and truthfully most people aren't about that.

markd likes this.
  8. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Can't a guy just think you are a douche? Why does it have to be because his wife won't give up the buns or let him buy a gun or because they are envious of your smart dog/boat/guns bought at a great price/Canada trips....?

I'm sure plenty of peope think I'm an ***, I don't think it's because they are jealous of my good looks or high intellect. They just think I'm an ***.

9. Duckrussml

Duckrussml Senior Refuge Member

Don't think I was bragging. Some people like to see what is out there to get for themselves. If I was bragging on my new Boat. I would have gotten a much bigger one w/ more bells and whistle on it!!! But instead I'm adding to a more stripped down model as I go. With the new blind. I'm sure there are a lot of Duck Hunters that have never seen a Popup Blind in VA, MD, DE or NC. I was introduced to one 20+ yrs ago. Thought it was the coolest blind I'd ever seen on a boat. Just thought I could help other making that decision on a homemade (which I've done, but not dry), entry level on up to a super functional one. Again just trying to help other see what is out there. Not bragging about it. Then my yearly SK trip. If I was gonna brag about it. I'd hunt thru a guide service for 1-2 weeks. But it's to show what you can do with some effort up there freelancing. When I first started back in 1999 going freelance. It was a fun trip. But the harvest was nothing like we do now. So each year after after yr I used what I learned the previous yr. It's not as easy as you would think finding birds up there. With yrs of trial and error. I've gotten it pretty much nailed down where, when and how to harvest birds there. Plus a log of people's names, addresses and phone #s to have instant access to hunt their lands. Along with that who wants cleaned ready to eat fresh waterfowl. I'm not one of those Americans that you run across up there. That rape their resource. Kill it. Let it lay. Or the worst I've seen just thrown in a pile next to the road to rot and waste. Saw it again this yr. Didn't get permission to hunt a pc of property holding 10,000 plus birds because of someone else's action. Farmer was pissed to say the least. So again not bragging on my trips there. Just hoping others that try it. Respects the animals, the land and people who give them permission to hunt it. As well as don't hunt the roost, resting and sanctuary holes. It's only a one day hunt if you do. Hunt them in the feeding fields. It's actually easier on you and the birds. So again not bragging. Just hoping to help at least one other avid waterfowler that want to get to the birds, hide from them and get permission to whack and stack them.

10. DtSB

DtSB Senior Refuge Member

YALl should just be glad you don’t have the distinct pleasure of living in the same county as dickrubsmell.

I ordered my pop up blind yesterday. We’re gonna be the pop up blind mafia out here in the mountains. Boom! Bands on the way boys. Stacking them yard honkers. Piling up them marina mallards. Boom! Banded! Boom! Banded! Pop up blinds = bands on bands on bands. We shoot ducks whose bands are banded. Boyyyyyeee. Boom! Four gees for three hunters, every Saturday! All. Three. Banded.