Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Went with Popup over Beavertail Blind

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Duckrussml, Nov 6, 2017.

1. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Who hasn't seen a pop up blind? If you duck hunt you probably get every waterfowl catalog that comes through the mail and they are in all of them and have been for years.

2. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

A "Pop Up" an actual brand name. I "looked" at them years ago and they started at like $1200-1500....seemed a bit pricey so I just use cedar bows and some 1x6's.... Not to brag, but I'm thinking about getting the premium boards from Home Depot this year, you know, little more expensive but worth it.

http://www.popupblind.com/

Fowler267 and Deadrise like this.
  3. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Still looks like a boat sitting in the marsh. $1200-$1500 buys alot of premium boards and one bush hook for a lifetime of cutting cedars and pines.

4. Deadrise

Deadrise Senior Refuge Member

Stick with the kiln dried stuff and just liberally apply Parker's Dull Dead Grass. Zip ties and 2 x 4 welded wire, marsh grass etc. You'll get plenty of years of use.

5. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

Could you do a how to vid on this? Very intriguing

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Why don't we just cut thru all the Bullschmitt and admit that some guys here need a whipping boy to feel good about themselves. Duckrassimi, you're just the one in the sling right now but you got cottonballs thrown at you, not bricks. . Marks, right, they were on his arse a bit, now and then but in all honesty, I was the selected number one target for a long time. Sorry, I get the trophy. I get the statue of me in Refuge Park. Ha. I gotta admit Lewdog is close, as they ride his arse now and then but in the last year or two he gives it right back tenfold and makes the attackers look like the areshules they are and tuck tail and run. Lew's got it covered and we laugh every time our paths cross. I don't know how many times I posted to Chad to stop transferring his un normal sexual fantasies onto me when insinuating that me and another guy had sexual relations in his attack posts. Anyone that knows me knows I like the bearded clam exclusively but what does it matter. Its just the internet and yet another jackass.
    Lots of guys were on my arse literally for years until two things. One, I wrote a long post one day criticizing the Administration that they knowingly let the crap go on. I stated that by ignoring the harassment made towards me was probably grounds for a lawsuit ( eye opener) and that the harassment allowance was also simply a bad business practice for them in relationship to current and future advertisers ( $$$ Eye opener again). So what I think happened, the offenders had their peenies smacked by Admin. and most of them stopped the harassment, or simply left. Others stayed and tested the Admin and their were smacked again. The other thing I did, was to let someone know in a PM that I was not an officer of VAWFA anymore and not that active either. The harassment stopped totally . Everybody loves ole TF now . Imagine that? Hugs all around. Ha.
    Now don't get me wrong, It is kinda nice not to be attacked and to be treated decently like others , but I gotta say, this here place sure isn't as much fun as it was back in the day. I'll be honest, the abuse can get to you if you let it, but my thick skin and thick skull kept it in the jar. The harassing action can also be more fun than not as long as you don't let them get to you and realize you are dealing with schoolboy idjits. You don't know how many posts I started and told my friends beforehand or with the first post to " watch this" and I would post something that would so easily manipulate the haters into a frenzy. They'd go nuts and pile on like dogs on Main street. It was like pulling strings on a handful of puppets. Then I'dd add to the post, add some more words, question someone and their heads would blow off and the game was on even more. My hunting buddies would take bets on who we could get out of the woodwork and pile on. We'd laugh like hell , about the last weeks insults and schoolyard tactics while we were fishing or hunting, belly laughing across the water. Aww Schmitt, those were the good years. Now, not so much.
    Like it was mentioned above ....it is just the internet, (stupid).

7. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

TF
    98% was because of your association with VAWFA and their stance on Sunday hunting. I won't rehash the details. Everyone knows why they didn't support it which also speaks to why the organization is so ineffective.

1% because you post up things like shooting honey bees and cutting holds in canoes.

1% just because you traveled like a lamprey from the NVC Delta, to Frank Wade (WOOOOOOOSA) and finally to VAWFA. All for friends with benefits hunting. Congrats.

So, if you look at things, once you got rid of the VAWFA badge, you are pretty much like any other guy on here, getting your balls busted 2% of the time. Obviously we've met. You're not the worst guy out there, but not someone I want to spend much time with either.

8. imaduckin up north

imaduckin up north Senior Refuge Member

At least you're not a man in a dress

9. Tailfeathers

*VAWFA was neutral on SH...... as was DU by the way.
    *Shooting honey bees can be tempting, still is. Wasps nests on the inside of your shed door also tempting...with a hose as to not off up the shed door or annoy the neighbors..
    *Cutting a "Hold" in a canoe was a typo while posting about turning a wide bottom canoe into a poor man's sculler. Has in the past been done and can easily be done now.The hole is fitted with a leather or rubber gasket surrounding the sculling oar to keep the water out, nothing new with that, but cutting a hole in a transom just above the waterline was crazy fun to repeat like a parrot. .
    *NVC Delta, not that active, was a member for a year, maybe two? Had a good time at that Potomac River Clean up, good guys, good work.
    * Frank Wade, worked on flooding Phelps WMA impoundment and fixed blinds so others could hunt.Key word....others. Got to hunt one farm as an invite about 15 times in 2 years thanks to Frank. Got in on a lease in Tappahannock with about 25 other guys and Frank and paid full price and did work details with about 8 of them for 2 seasons. Had tons of swans. Geese not so hot.
    *Got involved with VAWFA and worked on wood duck projects, youth, vet and handicapped hunts. Got to hunt about 10 times at the farm in a few years time. Zero in the last 4 years. Became Prez. for year or 2. Not active currently.
    *Currently hunt with 3 other good friends. Have permission on a few farms and hunt some public waters and Anna once in a while. Having a blast.

So I guess this makes me a lamprey.

10. Tailfeathers

Does a kilt count?

imaduckin up north likes this.