Where To Live?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Honker Ace, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Might have something to do with them pouring 30 foundations at a time!:reader they are not slowing down much anywhere near me and I see they have the heavy equipment in yesterday to start on a bunch more concrete work. These guys are putting up damn near whole neighborhoods at once. Hell look at the new one down on burleigh Ave where half the houses were going in before they got the damn roads put in!

2. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

No matter where you live in ND ... you often drive some distance to hunt and fish (albeit driving much less now for fishing than long ago). One can easily drive 100 - 300 miles round trip on a typical day hunt.

3. Dean Nelson

Second day in the mid 70's here.....doesn't look quite so warm out in your neck of the woods.:dv All the snow is now gone including about 90% of the big drifts and I'm about 5 days out from having to start mowing with the grass coming online so fast this year.

4. Honker Ace

Honker Ace New Member

Oh, rub it in...We are nearly at a balmy 50 degrees right now though. Not that there's much to do outside though between the mud, remaining snow you immediately sink in, flooded brooks, or iced-over rivers and ponds. :z River should let go in the coming days as we are supposed to get up around 60 for a few days at least, snow has been going fairly quick so with any luck later this week will get some brook fishing in as they start to level off.

5. Honker Ace

Honker Ace New Member

Just thought you might like to know Dean, woke up to a few inches of the fluffy white stuff covering the ground again this morning...More forecasts of the same a couple different days. Temp has yet to climb high enough to melt it off, either. Between starting my winter with the freak mid-October snowstorm during my time in Saskatchewan to now, it has felt like one long winter...

6. Dean Nelson

Yeah my lily's are only 6 inches high yet and about the same for my grass.:dv actually been decently cold and raining the last few days but did get our first round of decent thunderstorms the other night.
    [​IMG]