Who shoots SxS or O/U?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Delta G, Sep 27, 2005.

1. maimai

maimai Senior Refuge Member

i started shooting with a s/s, then i used a skb s1 u/o fixed choke for years on every thing quail to geese , now i shoot a mp153 for duck and geese buti have just picked up a secound hand cheap s/s in 20 gauge which fits me well, im banging away with it on rabbits, i like it now that i have my low shooting when they lie down on the ground,under control, i got it for the wife but it fits me better :tu 20 gauge is an ok round and it may, will, go to the marsh, as here in nz, no one wants to import steel in sub 12 gauge, so we are alowed to use lead shot with 16 guage and under on waterfowl

2. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

I really enjoy shooting my English-stock Ruger Red Label O/U. :tu :tu :tu

3. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I use a Citori Sporting Hunter 3 1/2" for waterfowl. I have a 20 ga Citori for upland and I was having some trouble going from the O/U for upland to pump(s) which I carried for years for waterfowl; also I just like O/U's. I did some searching and found the nice, barely used 12 ga for a great price.

4. Big Brass

Big Brass Elite Refuge Member

My grandfather used to shoot an LC Smith 12 guage sxs that his grandfther bought back in the 1870's. He hunted the Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin with that gun up until the 1970's when he quit hunting due to age. My uncle has the gun now and it is in immaculate condition. It will eventually go to my cousin. I am wanting to get a new LC Smith sxs BAD and hunt with it and eventually pass it on to my son and down the line. Sort of a nostalgia thing.

5. tjones

tjones Senior Refuge Member

I also shoot a Winchester 101 as does my wife and my father. All 3 are 3" guns with fixed full/full. Mine was in rough shape when I bought it 15 years ago (doesn't look any better now, either). I shoot trap with it weekly, took two limits of ducks with it this weekend, and a couple geese. It is also my pheasant, partridge, rabbit, dove, plinking gun. To say it gets shot a lot is an understatement. In 9 years my son will be able to hunt, he has already asked me for it, I need to find another one between now and then-he can't have mine!!!!

6. Gringopistolero

Gringopistolero Elite Refuge Member

I shoot a Win 101 at clays, doves, sometimes pheasants, and a Browning SxS 3" at ducks occasionally when it's nice and I am hunting fresh water.

Why shoot a double? Balance & handling.

7. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone seen one of those Ruger Gold SxS guns in person?
    I sure like the looks of it.

8. dog duck gun

dog duck gun Elite Refuge Member

I shoot browning citoris for all my hunting now,I shoot clays all summer and it just seemed natural to shoot the o/u for waterfowl too and I really dont ever miss the third shell.Most of the time I kill more with 2 shots than my buddies with their 3 bangers

9. Brian

Brian Elite Refuge Member

I just bought a new Rizzini for this year. I started out shooting a O/U went to a semi auto for years. Bought a SBEII last year and will use it for goose and turkey hunting but will be shooting the O/U for ducks this year

10. Ike

Ike Elite Refuge Member

Upland and clays I prefer a SxS. I have a 1921 Francott and a AH Fox made in 1916. But I dont take them duck hunting if its nasty weather. I have shot the Fox with Bismuth from a blind, but not in the swamps.
    Nasty weather duck gun is a Win SX2.